No secrets anymore.

I know this isn't news but it's certainly worth thinking about the personal data collected and the use it's put to.....

I very recently suffered a birthday, and along with the extravagent gifts from loved ones, to date I have received the following (all tagged as Birthday gifts:

$10 discount voucher from eBay

$20 gift card from Sportsgirl

20% discount voucher from Spotlight

$15 discount voucher from Woolies

$50 hotel voucher from Webjet

Offers of "Birthday Specials" from Coles/First Choice Liquor/Fly Buys, Amazon Kindle including suggestions based on my previous purchases

Birthday greetings letter from Credit Union - also including congratulations on recent property purchase

Birthday card from my accountant - signed by all members of staff

Sadly, due to advanced age and recent property purchase (ref above), I cannot afford to spend the money required to benefit from the birthday "gifts".

Marina.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: No secrets anymore.

Sorry to hear that Marina, just send them to me. Smiley Very Happy

No seriously maybe regift some, along as original gifters don't find out.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

'suffered a birthday'

belly laugh emoticon

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I have had reason to do some googling and ebay buying recently and was amazed to discover that facebook knows about it!  Now, I am getting advertising based on these things I googled. (well, not now I have taken steps to stop them)

Not so much scarey as annoying.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The important thing here is.....

Spoiler
Happy birthday!!!!    image.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you to all (I'm over it now).

Marina.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply