North and South Korea agree to pursue signing a peace treaty

imastawka
Honored Contributor

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in have agreed to seek an end to the armistice agreement and sign a peace treaty.

The announcement was made at the end of a historic day. Though it was the third Korean summit - the last occurred in 2007 - it marked the first time any leader of North Korea has set foot in South Korea.

Experts have warned that North Korea has shown on numerous occasions that the country is unable to keep its word.

During the day the two leaders held a number of talks in South Korea's Peace House, which was completely renovated for the occasion, and also in the gardens of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).

Tonight the two leaders will be joined by their wives for a symbolism-filled dinner.

This story is developing. 

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/north-and-south-korea-agree-to-pursue-signing-a-peace-treaty/ar...

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Yeah, great news. A new beginning.

Dare I say it, could this be the steps to a united Korea ?

I credit this to the Winter Olympics. Smiley Wink (and of course all the sanctions the allies placed on Nth Korea)

image host
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

i wouldnt trust the creepy little fat bugga as far as could throw him

even if i had a

TREBUCHET!!

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i wouldnt trust the creepy little fat bugga as far as could throw him

I must admit it's very hard to.  And I have to wonder what's in it for him.  But it was riveting to see him meet President Moon and see each of them crossing the border in a friendship ritual. 

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

And I have to wonder what's in it for him. 

Nth. Koreans are starving, carrying worms, diseases on the rise, 25% of population addicted to drugs.

I think after his sister attended the winter olympics and many seeing what it is like on the other side, she has whispered in Kim's ear and he has realised they cannot continue on their own.

image host
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Nth. Koreans are starving, carrying worms, diseases on the rise, 25% of population addicted to drugs.

I think after his sister attended the winter olympics and many seeing what it is like on the other side, she has whispered in Kim's ear and he has realised they cannot continue on their own.

well we know at least one who isnt starving dont we?

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Image result for kim jong un meme
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Not much different to Australia in that regard then. The most recent water sampling tests in South Australia show that one in ten South Ausies used amphetamines that day. TEN PERECENT of SA's POPULATION ON AMPHETAMINES AND RISING RAPIDLY !!!!

The worlds gone mad !

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

And just to add to the above sentiments. Whats the Greens two latest policy announcements ?   ..........Legalise dope and pay everyone a living wage !

Spoiler
So let me see if I,ve got this right......
Spoiler
The Greens latest policy is we are going to pay everyone to sit on their arts and smoke dope all day....Crazy stuff. !!!

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply