OMG what a mess this is

Has ebay gone completely mad with this so called update or is it a serious attempt to shut the place down.?

IMO Primary school kids could have done better. 

Is Ebay in its final dying days ?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: OMG what a mess this is

Imagine an ant trying to navigate its way through a shag-pile carpet. This is what the view appears to be like.

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

I don't know what you are all on about.  It seems pretty good to me.

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

You are probably a good navigator. Better than the average person. Some folks just have an extra cool peripheral view.

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

Yeah, but pinning is not the same as having all threads ordered by the most recent reply. Of all changes, this is probably the most annoying. 😒

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

A thread should be easy to read, without a lot of irrelevancy and white space clogging up the smooth flow of information.

This new design is full of irrelevancy and white space. It's a clogged artery of wasted opportunity.

I'm also finding it very difficult to navigate to the last reply on a thread, in particular because replies can pop up anywhere in a thread rather than being at the end of the thread. It's so messy.

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

You might remember that we were discussing bad changes in the Buying forum not too long ago. If it is not broken, don't change it... In the Buying forum we were discussing the "Pay Now" button that had (temporarily) disappeared at the end of an auction. Another annoying change I have noticed in auctions (at least until the last one I participated in, but I doubt it has changed, as it was just a week ago) is that when you click on "Place Bid" towards the end of the auction and then intend to click on "Confirm" a few seconds before the end, you can see the increase in the number of bids, but not the increase in the price of the item. In the past the price went up and you could still increase your bid if you had enough time and you saw you had been outbid.

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

I have tried to change the options to "sort by latest post date" (instead of "start date") and nothing changed... There is this option towards the bottom on the right, but it didn't change anything in spite of saying "Success!" after I changed it.

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

I don't mind the new boards in mosr respects. The best change is you can reply to topic now instead of having to select a person to reply to, when all you want to do is make a general comment.

The layout is easy to understand and read.

The main fault is answers to a thread don't send that topic to the top of the board.

That is a massive error. It means it is no longer easy for anyone to see  what the latest answers have been unless they scroll down. It means a thread that is lively could be way down in the search.

Davewill will be out of a job. If anyone replies to a 7 year old thread now, who will ever see it? No one is ever going to be scrolling back that far.

We asked for threads to be locked after eg 12 months, not for that to happen. 

I have been on dozens of boards in my time and having new answers send a thread to the top has always been one feature in common. It's a huge mistake by whoever set this board up to have left it out.

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

it seems most think it sucks

well done ebay if your intention is to kill off the boards

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

It's a bit like trying to have a conversation from different rooms in the house. 🙄

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply