Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

chuk_77
Community Member
you ladies are so clever. I'm quite jealous. I can't start practicing coz my machine is playing up, darn bobbin, going to see my mum who is a whizz with sewing machines. Hopefully I'll get a chance to practice tonight
Message 291 of 1,973
Latest reply

setipus
Community Member
Thanks for the kind words re my first effort..got some more stuff if anyone interested..am worried bout the size of my pics though.
Message 292 of 1,973
Latest reply

http://forums.ebay.com.au/topic/Clothing-Arts-Crafts/Craft-And-Quilt/600115376&start=48

Post #52.....there are many beautiful quilts on there.

If you click on Bunderellas pics they will enlarge

That is a beautiful table runner Karen....you are a lucky girl!! Perfect colours for you too:-x
Message 293 of 1,973
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Little darling is great Seti, she is 15 months old and my word she can move, haha. She is the best medicine for her Poppy, he is always brighter and better when she is here.
Message 294 of 1,973
Latest reply

One day I will finish this one - I started it four years ago - have all the pieces cut and half the piecing done - its a king size for my own bed. Hope I can remember how it goes when I finally get around to it.

Photobucket
Message 295 of 1,973
Latest reply

This is a better one of the fabric - shows the colour

Photobucket
Message 296 of 1,973
Latest reply

Rosie, that is just lovely!! The fabric is very pretty and the pattern/block design is beautiful.
Message 297 of 1,973
Latest reply

dancing*with*daggers
Community Member
Puddle was that link for me? In any case,thank you I just adore that black white and red one, it's just fabulous.

Will look some more later, but thank you for posting that link:-x
Message 298 of 1,973
Latest reply

dancing*with*daggers
Community Member
This is a better one of the fabric - shows the colour

Photobucket

That fabric is stunning rosie!!

So where do most people buy their fabric. The choice seems to be quite limited in WA. puddle do you have any special suppliers or do most people buy on line?
Message 299 of 1,973
Latest reply

I buy 99% of mine from the USA - on line. Even with postage and exchange rate it is about half the price we must pay here.

If anyone wants I have a wonderful link to 100 quilt shops and you can browse all you like

http://www.quiltshops.com/search.htm
Message 300 of 1,973
Latest reply