Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

Table runners as promised for Dancing

Great way to use practice blocks or for gifts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 301 of 1,973
Latest reply

Puddle was that link for me? In any case,thank you I just adore that black white and red one, it's just fabulous.

Will look some more later, but thank you for posting that link:-x

Sure was Dancing;-) I thought that might be an easy one for you to start off on your quilting adventure. It is amazing how diferent they all look.
Message 302 of 1,973
Latest reply

lis351
Community Member
Oh, how often I wish I were able to do anything crafty! Im absolutely hopeless at everything. Your quilts are amazing, especially setipus' first effort and Rosies fabric at #312.
Message 303 of 1,973
Latest reply

Wow they are stunning. Ladies you do fabulous work.
Message 304 of 1,973
Latest reply

misty-au
Community Member
Thanks for the photos of your lovely quilts.

Has anyoen made an 'I (eye) SPY' quilt for a child and if so would you mind posting a photo of it? I am thinking of making one.
Message 305 of 1,973
Latest reply

pj*bear
Community Member
Ah Karen I remember the kitten one well There was

sewinggilly
norti
rosieglen
patcher
nanarene
bundy
billngrace
t hugs
bee mee

of course yourself and I think cuddles may have contributed.

Please forgive the spellings and if I have forgotten anyone, the recipient I am sure will let us know.

there was also

Gogocats
MissLinda
puddles
and
bundy!

it is hanging on the wall in my bedroom
A home without a cat is just a house!!
Message 306 of 1,973
Latest reply

I think Karen has made an I spy quilt.

PJ - a couple of names there I havent seen for a while.

Nice that its on your bedroom wall.
Message 307 of 1,973
Latest reply

pj*bear
Community Member
there is a lot of names that I have not seen..
A home without a cat is just a house!!
Message 308 of 1,973
Latest reply

dancing*with*daggers
Community Member
Yes a runner it is, for my dining table.

I have a huge old table which is 2.6 (yes that's right) long.

It occupies what should be the lounge room, called a theatre room these days.

I bought this house because it was one of the few which would fit the table. It is probably only used about 10 times a year, but I won't part with it until I am put in a nursing home!

It is french, pine, made in about 1860s, heaps of marks, burns etc. including the marks where my kids did their homework and didn't put anything under their paper like they were told too. And where they carved their names when they hated their dinner!

The room it is in is painted entirely in chinese red though and has lots of oriental influences, carvings etc. so will go for a black/cream/red oriental theme.

So, roughly can anyone tell me how much fabric would I need for a runner roughly 3mtrs long by 40cm wide, or doesn't it work that way?
Does it depend on how many colours etc. Is there a kind of calculationss you can use?

I would love to make a really special runner for it instead of the ones I had bought in Singapore or from the markets.

So....that is my next project.

sorry ladies, you will have to be very patient with me when I ask for help all the time.
Message 309 of 1,973
Latest reply

What you will need to do is select a block that you like.

Try here

www.quilterscache.com

then depending on the block size, you will know how many blocks you will need and how many colours and go from there.
Message 310 of 1,973
Latest reply