One in Three (or One in Two): The untold story of male victims of family/domestic violence

4c4sale
Community Member

This is a seriously undertold story, and this website is a good place to learn the truth about the staggering number of male victims of domestic abuse in Australia:

http://www.oneinthree.com.au/

Men are MUCH less likely (three times less likely it seems) to report being battered and attacked by their female partners than women who are attacked by men, and further, men have less support if they do speak out.

Men may face scorn, derision and disbelief when they report being abused.

If one considers the vastly lower reporting of these incidents by men, and combines this with the higher number of women who abuse children, it arises that women - not men - are the majority domestic abusers in Australia, Great Britain and the United States.

Time to start spreading this truth, and working for change on BOTH sides of the gender equation.

Message 1 of 250
Latest reply
249 REPLIES 249

Re: One in Three (or One in Two): The untold story of male victims of family/domestic violence

Nothing of the sort.

The op did a great job of shining sunlight on the serious problem of male victims of family/domestic violence.  Stats were correct per title of thread.

"If it is once again one against forty-eight, then I am very sorry for the forty-eight." ~ Margaret Thatcher

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ― Thomas Jefferson
Message 241 of 250
Latest reply

Re: One in Three (or One in Two): The untold story of male victims of family/domestic violence

@steppefjordwyfe10 wrote:

You mean he just called her "that woman" in front of her?  Or he called her by another woman's name, either way, wow.

He called her "That Woman" like u gonna listen to that woman. 

I think he just wanted to stab him. No doctors were involved & no police. Just a lot of blood.

Message 242 of 250
Latest reply

Wow, just for that!  Scary.

And I don't know, a lot of people don't watch, but I love it, lol, Real Housewives of New Jersey, Theresa had a temper, overturning that table just for starters.  And they get their sentences on October 2.  I think hubby Joe is going to the clinker for some time to come, hope he doesn't get deported on top of it all.  

I should try and find out if my counsin's wife, that woman, Smiley Happy was Italian,hehe, I don't know.  They're divorced now and he is really quite the womanizer.  I think his new girlfriend is in her twenties and he's in his sixties!!!

"If it is once again one against forty-eight, then I am very sorry for the forty-eight." ~ Margaret Thatcher

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ― Thomas Jefferson
Message 243 of 250
Latest reply

@cartooncomics wrote:

had another pal whos girlfriend stabbed him with a fork. because he called her that woman. I was there.

She was Italian too. 

Just now reading through the thread.  Very interesting information.

cartoon, a couple of your posts brought back memories from my childhood.  Some incidents I had completely forgotten (accidentally or on purpose).  As a child I recall my folks getting into yet another heated argument and my mom stabbing my dad in the back with a fork. 

Authorities were not informed,  of course.  After all, it was a family's secret or a family's shame.  My mom was Italian.

Message 244 of 250
Latest reply

@dwilke33 wrote:

@cartooncomics wrote:

had another pal whos girlfriend stabbed him with a fork. because he called her that woman. I was there.

She was Italian too. 

cartoon, a couple of your posts brought back memories from my childhood.  Some incidents I had completely forgotten (accidentally or on purpose).  As a child I recall my folks getting into yet another heated argument and my mom stabbing my dad in the back with a fork. 

Authorities were not informed,  of course.  After all, it was a family's secret or a family's shame.  My mom was Italian.

I know what your saying. My mom could take on the Taliban w/ a broom & a shoe. God rest her soul.

Message 245 of 250
Latest reply

@cartooncomics wrote:

@dwilke33 wrote:

@cartooncomics wrote:

She was Italian too. 

I know what your saying. My mom could take on the Taliban w/ a broom & a shoe. God rest her soul.

Ooooh, so could mine.  God has her now......hopefully. 🙂

Message 246 of 250
Latest reply

I try to never speak badly of my Mom.

She might come back & haunt me.

Message 247 of 250
Latest reply

Mine mellowed as she got older.  I think she knew she was getting closer to meeting God. 🙂

Seriously, I loved my mom with all my heart, but she was something else.

Message 248 of 250
Latest reply

The bottom line is that women should behave like those women in that film....I still can't remember the name...Kidman was in it.

There will be no violence and all will be right with the world. 

Message 249 of 250
Latest reply

@steppefjordwyfe10 wrote:

Nothing of the sort.

The op did a great job of shining sunlight on the serious problem of male victims of family/domestic violence.  Stats were correct per title of thread.

Not according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.....man are actually the major abusers in Australia.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 250 of 250
Latest reply