Opinions needed re customer service

I'm probably going to leave someone a neg (on another site, not ebay). 

Please tell me exactly, and literally, how you as a buyer, should  interpret this store policy: 

"International shipments can take anywhere from one to four weeks."

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

very simply if you are in a different country delivery can take from 1 to 4 weeks.

No different from buying from HK on ebay, most take 3 weeks and I believe Canada is also very slow.

It has nothing to do with the seller, its the postal service in that country.

If your not happy with waiting 4 weeks for something then buy from an Oz seller and get it in 7 days, simple really

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Exactly that postage can take anywhere  from 1 to 4 weeks. to arrive.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

I'm probably going to leave someone a neg (on another site, not ebay). 

Please tell me exactly, and literally, how you as a buyer, should  interpret this store policy: 

"International shipments can take anywhere from one to four weeks."

I'd take it to mean international parcels can take anything from one to four weeks to arrive.

Although, it reads like they take one to four weeks to post the items.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

It will take 1 to 4 weeks to arrive.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

No different from buying from HK on ebay, most take 3 weeks and I believe Canada is also very slow.

My daughter bought an item on another site last nov. 2012, it was coming from Canada, she got it today...........has taken 4 months to get here.

Never buy from Canada!

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

I have heard Canada post is really bad but that sounds like it was sent sea mail.

I have recently bought an item from the US, it was a reasonable size parcel, it took 6 days from day of order with registered post to my hands.

I had a 12kg parcel for Syd to Ade ordered before lunch Tues delivered Fri lunch.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

If I was to sell internationally, I'd use the line "Please allow up to 8 weeks for delivery".

Sometimes OS sellers use sea shipping to keep postage costs down, particularly for large bulky items, and it takes months to arrive.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

I wouldn't be leaving a seller a neg for that. They've put that in their listing so that their buyers are aware of the time range for international shipping. It's not a store policy. No matter how quickly they post your item, it's still going to take a few weeks to get here

As everyone else has said OS post does take much longer than local post and also has to clear customs here. Sometimes parcels are sitting in our customs depot for awhile before they are  processed.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Exactly as everyone else has said but I'm thinking that you have contacted them and they are now saying it takes one to four weeks to be posted by them.

Kind of the opposite of dropshipping, perhaps they are waiting for the order to arrive from their supplier so that they can send it to you.  

Joono
Message 10 of 31
Latest reply