Opinions needed re customer service

I'm probably going to leave someone a neg (on another site, not ebay). 

Please tell me exactly, and literally, how you as a buyer, should  interpret this store policy: 

"International shipments can take anywhere from one to four weeks."

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I wouldn't be leaving a seller a neg for that. They've put that in their listing so that their buyers are aware of the time range for international shipping. It's not a store policy. No matter how quickly they post your item, it's still going to take a few weeks to get here

As everyone else has said OS post does take much longer than local post and also has to clear customs here. Sometimes parcels are sitting in our customs depot for awhile before they are  processed.

Yes customs can also be a big variable depending on whats going on at the time and how interested they are in what maybe in your package.

I have bought hundreds of item from China, US, UK and Malaysia and have never had a package opened for inspection by customs yet a friend has had about 25% of his opened by customs. and the strange thing is many of the items are very similar.

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

No different from buying from HK on ebay, most take 3 weeks and I believe Canada is also very slow.

My daughter bought an item on another site last nov. 2012, it was coming from Canada, she got it today...........has taken 4 months to get here.

Never buy from Canada!

I have bought from Canada.  Received quickly. 

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

I have bought from Canada.  Received quickly. 

This wasnt through ebay and it took 4 months.........

Even Hawk says items coming from Canada are slow.

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

I just wouldn't go as far as saying "Never buy from Canada"

According to Canada Post,  it should not take that long.  Mine arrived within those guidelines.

Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

I wouldn't leave a neg if it is longer than the 4 weeks.More relevant would be the length of time it took for it to be posted after payment .No one can control how long postal services takes to get an item to it's destination.

I think Meep was just saying that it doesn't always take months as some have seemed to suggest ?

Perhaps that may have been a Christmas and/or customs delay and/or due to when it was actually posted ?

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

posted on the 5th nov. 2012 from Canada......arrived at my address 19/3/2013.

No, wasnt at customs..........that had been checked out......

No, wasnt Christmas.

Wasnt bought off ebay.

Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

http://canadaonline.about.com/od/postalservices/a/holiday-mail-deadlines-international.htm

Canadian Holiday Mail Deadlines - 2012Canadian Holiday Mail Deadlines for International Destinations

Australia Surface Mail (parcels) 1st October 2012

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

It wasnt posted at Christmas..........it was post from Canada early Nov. it is on the post mark.............

It wasnt a xmas present, was an item bought from another site in Canada........anyway it is here now........

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/shipping/shippingdestinations.jsf#International

Superscanner the Canada Post site may give you an idea of estimated delivery times 

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

aspie*mum
Community Member

I bought 2 pairs of shoes for my daughter.  One pair from the UK arrived in a week.  The other pair from QLD took 2 weeks to arrive - BOTH posted the same day.

Please explain?

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply