Pages take a long time to load, I have changed from chrome to edge with only slight improvement

For the past few months useing Chrome, ebay has been getting slower to load a new page or even go back to a search result after viewing an item. I changed to Edge which was faster initially but is now getting slower, I have cleaned the browser with no change.

Before anyone blames my connection, computer, etc. Ebay is the only site I am having issues with.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Pages take a long time to load, I have changed from chrome to edge with only slight improvement

I did start having probs with Chrome after a while and from what I remember particularly with ebay so i switched to Firefox, now it's ok.  Someone else may have a better idea. 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

i know you think your connection isnt to blame but still, do a simple speed test to rule that out

type speed test into google, choose speedtest.net

run the test, get results

then we can look at other problems

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

There have been quite a few posts here in community asking the same in the last few months.

eBay also seems to slow at high traffic times such as after work or when weather is poor and everyone is indoors.

It's probably time for eBay to upgrade some database servers.

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I also use Edge and pages don't take long to load.

Have you downloaded an adblocker?  

That seems to be why ebay is slow to load.  It takes forever to download all those annoying ads

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I appreciate your comments, however the only site I am having issues is Ebay. I can stream movies while downloading with no issues on chrome or edge.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply, I do have an adblocker, after selecting a searched item and clicking "return to search" it could take 15 seconds to reload, very frustrating.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Try the back button instead of 'return to search results'

You may find that quicker to load.     I do

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay is a pretty big site and will test out an aging CPU. I don't know how old your computer is, but the fact that it is only happening on eBay with Edge and Chrome suggests that your computer may be faultering when pushed harder, such as on eBay. You could test this out by visiting a couple of comparable sites and see what happens i.e. whether the slowness happens on those (bigger) sites too. Alternatively, and more reliably perhaps, you could open Task Manager when you have eBay up and see how much CPU you are using when connected. This is not an uncommon problem and will inevitably happen to every computer.

Hope this is of some help.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply