Remember my cat problem?

Well I re -decorated my room, stunning... 4 layers of paint(floor) and two clear coats so about 6 in all, new carpets new everything.  A week or so into my new room and guess what the lil bu**er does? Pees and poops in exactly the same place.  By now I am thinking this cat better be sick or else its going outside permanently (not that I could do it really).  So off to the vets and nearly 300 later she's depressed and suffering anxiety.  Came home with pills, anti anxiety collar and anything else we thought might help....  The vet tells me she has a good memory... I feel comforted NOT lol

I have a feeling she will be living a lot of her life in an enclosure with limited time inside, she done thousands of dollars damage... still its not her fault...  Oh and did I say I now need new carpet *sigh*

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Remember my cat problem?

That's a good idea skyrider, I am rural though but I might check out some websites and find some info. You never know someone might do a skype consultation
Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

I'm sure I've read somewhere that cats / dogs that constantly sit and stare at nothing, or repeatedly bump their heads against the wall, may have a brain tumour.

Have you mentioned the sitting /staring to the vet as well??

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

Thanks B3, she had nearly 200 dollars worth of blood tests, the vet said some levels were up but nothing that indicates anything serious. Soooo the plan is she will go out in a cat enclosure attached to the house (its almost like an add on room but has a sliding door glass front, some tralise (sp?) on the side, a concrete floor which I will also put lino down.  Its reasonably large 2.8 x 2m I'll spend time with her in their and try to retrain her with the litter box.  If she doesn't improve in the next week or goes down hill I will get a second opinion from a vet.

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply