Rotten Channel 9

I tried to get the new HD channel 9

I lost my other ch9 programms in the process

My tv is about 5/6 years old so the new stuff wont work (apparently)

I used to like some channel 9 programms,  so in future I can't watch them 😞

I wish they had said that we risk losing our old channel 9.   The Block was very good to watch.

Oh well its gone now.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Rotten Channel 9

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You should still have them.

Or you can re-programme them back in

Channel 9 states -

Viewers without a HD television will still be able to watch Channel Nine through a simulcast standard definition (SD) broadcast. GEM will revert to SD.

From here -

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/10/nine-upfronts-2016-nine-goes-hd-new-lifestyle-channel-and-daryl-...

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Rotten Channel 9

My Mum just sent me a text saying that she has also lost her old channel 9 completely.

She phoned the number they suggested on A Current Affair, and the person blurted out info so fast, my Mum didn't 

catch it at all.

I have to get ready for work now,   but thank you for your help.

I will try and get my original ch9 back tomorrow

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Rotten Channel 9

Here's a phone no..... 9HD Helpline number 1800 173 055.

which I'm sure I'll be using as I see you have to retune the thing.  I hate doing that.  I also see they say the new 9HD wil be on 90 so how will we get Gem?    I have got HD tv but still get in a twist with these things. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Rotten Channel 9

So you’ve done a full retune, and you can’t see channel 90, or if you turn onto channel 90 you only get pictures no audio?

In this case you’ve got a TV that is either not compatible with the broadcast technology being used, or will require an upgrade.

If you see nothing, it’s likely your TV can’t receive MPEG-4.  This is the new compression technology that allows Channel 9 to fit the new HD channel in along with an all new channel (9 Life).

You will need to speak to the manufacturer of your TV to find out more, but online research should help you find out.

In the case that you’re getting pictures but no audio, visit the TV manufacturer’s website and look for options to download a firmware upgrade which might just solve your problem.

If you have any questions or issues, comment below I’ll try to help out (Trevor is cool, he should be able to help)

http://eftm.com.au/2015/11/how-to-get-9hd-on-your-tv-and-foxtel-a-retune-and-new-channel-numbers-239...

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Rotten Channel 9

You don't have to tune your to to lose the 9 network mines gone and I've done nothing! 

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Rotten Channel 9

Hi Mugsy-i have lost channel 9--but by clicking around-

-found the golf on channel 7...bonus....................................................Richo.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Rotten Channel 9

I have HD cable...............suh...weet

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Rotten Channel 9

@*julia*2010 wrote:

If you have any questions or issues, comment below I’ll try to help out (Trevor is cool, he should be able to help)

http://eftm.com.au/2015/11/how-to-get-9hd-on-your-tv-and-foxtel-a-retune-and-new-channel-numbers-239...

Julia,  I get a header on that link but no info - just a blank page

My bad.......took forever to load

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Rotten Channel 9

go-home-windows-_1588911.jpg

Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply