Saturday night Pondering: What Will it take for you to leave this forum FOREVER?

Go

(Obviously not counting higher intervention i.e God and moderators)

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Saturday night Pondering: What Will it take for you to leave this forum FOREVER?

untitled.pngToo many steps to nowhere

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's been quite a while, Bob.

Obviously you haven't found the answer to your own question.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

There just aren't that many folks left here to answer Bob's question.

Too late Bob; they've already left.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

Go

(Obviously not counting higher intervention i.e God and moderators)

* If the number of posts dwindled so much there was only about one or two a week. Hardly be worth dropping in.

* If the site started giving a lot of trouble-became very slow and glitchy so it was hard to make posts, I lost posts I was in the middle of typing etc. I think I have dumped one website already over this. It wasn't a forum but it was valuable to me-photobucket-where I could upload photos to use on forums. It has become so time consuming and glitchy I just dreaded using it and someone put me on to imgur instead. The issue of ease of use/features of a site is important.

* If I found that every post I made, I had someone harrassing me, abusing me for no good reason other than the fact I had a different opinion to them. And the mod did nothing about it or encouraged it. I have been on boards where there has been some hard abuse on some other boardies. I wouldn't say in those cases the mods encouraged it, but a friend of mine had what were grizzly death threats made and the other person was not banned. She felt scared and resentful of others who didn't care or laughed so didn't return to that forum for over a year, till the person eventually had been banned.

One thing I learnt from that and from messages from other people is that no matter how strong a person may appear & no matter how well they can defend themselves, other people should also say something when enough is enough.

* I have a few other forums I go on so if my time on the computer became shorter for some reason, I might not be on this forum as much.

* Connectiveness. I am on a few forums where I feel a connection to some of the other boardies though we have never met. If that connectedness isn't there, it is easier to drop out. or if other boardies you feel connected to stop visiting and just use FB instead, then the vibe can change,

* If the web address of the forum changed and I could not find it despite looking, then I wouldn't be able to visit it, would I and I might even assume it had been discontinued.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

mloreason
Community Member
As long as the forum exists I will return here. What about you?
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@mloreason wrote:
As long as the forum exists I will return here. What about you?

same.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

mloreason
Community Member
I've never believed bob is male. I've always thought he/she was female pretending to be male. So bob are you male?
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@mloreason wrote:
I've never believed bob is male. I've always thought he/she was female pretending to be male. So bob are you male?

I vividly remember one really crazy night on CW when a few people ran amok and provided a detailed description of Bob. Dunno if it was true, but I won't repeat it because that would be wrong of me. But I was relieved to hear it because I was convinced he was a visiting ballchinian who was trying to learn about the human species.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

mloreason
Community Member
lol

I don't reckon anyone actually knows anything about Bob. Another thing I'd like to now is how bob survived the great reporting period when 75 percent of members here got banned
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply