Shingles

Went to the doctor yesterday and I have  shingles..have been feeling achy for over a week and 2 days ago I got an itchy/sore rash.Would be interested to hear if anyone has had shingles.tia

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Shingles

Yes, I had it about 40 years ago; all I remember that it was very painful.  It is actually  secondary chicken pox; the virus stays dormant in your body since childhood and flares up in time of extreme stress.  I remember it took about month to get over it.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

Shingles

Were you prescribed the medication for it? There is a very specific treatment but it needs to be started within the first 3 days after the appearance of the rash to be effective.

Marina.

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Shingles

ooak3
Community Member

about 8 years ago i got a pain in my side towards the back , thought i had pulled a muscle , it got worse and worse over a few days , i

was putting heat packs on but then i started vomating and could not sleep at all the pain was so bad

hubby took me to the hospital in the middle of the night waited all night to be seen they gave me a shot for the pain but no idea what was wrong 

same thing the next night another shot and they did a cat scan - nothing 

they had no idea what was wrong my whole back then started to feel numb to the touch

i was like it for days but dident go back to the hospital ( thought i was a gonna the pain was so bad )

anyway slowly started to get better after a few weeks

saw my ordinary Dr eventualy, he sent a skin scraping off shingles !

but i had no rash at all it must have all been internal 

i do hope your Dr gave you the medication i have since heard that if taken early it does help 

i wish you a quick recovery !!!!

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

Shingles

My friend has Shingles and has a really bad time with it, this scared me.

I have had a lot of rashes and pain in the past and have been told it is a autoimmune  disorder

Still worried me so when I was free of the rash I had the Shingles inoculation cost me $250 in New Zealand.

I have just had my Gallbladder out thursday a week ago had a mild rash on my back disappered after the operation

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

Shingles

i dident know there was an inoculation !

worth every cent if it stops you from getting it id say 

it can vary each case is different i think, but it's always nasty 

i hope your recovering well from your gallbladder op , that would not have been fun 

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

Shingles

Thanks for those who have replied.Yes I`m on medication and pain relief(panadol forte) & hopefully I have gotten on top of it.Bit run down atm with a couple of other health issues so perhaps my system is a bit in turmoil..

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

Shingles

Get well soon Nics.

HeartHeartHeart

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

Shingles

lyau086
Community Member

I had shingles about 10 years ago. Was on my scalp and I ended up with Bell's Palsy because it affected a nerve in my face.

I couldn't shut my right eye and because it also affected my lips I could only drink through a straw.

Took about 6 mths to heal completely....but I have not had an attack since.

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

Shingles

Sounds awful Nics.   Rest up and get better soon

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply