Should the Burqa be banned in Australia

nero_bolt
Community Member

Should the Burqa and Niqab be banned in Australia?

mangisi-niqab-burqa-hijab.jpg

Message 1 of 1,581
Latest reply
1,580 REPLIES 1,580

Re: Should the Burqa be banned in Australia

Carnita Mathews, what a charming exampke of the face of islam in our country.

She abused a police officer, accused him of being a racist then filed a false charge against him. She should have served time.

Message 1481 of 1,581
Latest reply

@Nuufo_investigations wrote:

The 2 major parties seem to bow down, we need a party that means business and does what it says, no backflips.

I don't know about you but I want Australia kept Australian. We don't need anymore immigrants it needs to end.

Sounds like a call to bring back the White Australia policy.  Australia was built on immigrants.  Maybe you should build a bunker, hunker down and fend off those pesky foreigners.  All I see here is fear, something that RUAP and their ilk prey on.

If RUAP is the answer, then all I can say is that it is a bloody silly question.

prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1482 of 1,581
Latest reply

@alexander*beetle wrote:

Now am3 you are being ridiculous by posting facts and truths. You know it goes against what some would prefer to believe.Smiley Very Happy

They have been caught out bald facing lying in this fiasco. Either Tony Abbott is lying or Bronwyn Bishop is lying. That is fact. The Prime Minister claimed he spoke to Bronwyn Bishop about the matter and Bronwyn Bishop states categorically that he did not speak to her. As she firmly stated in Parliament yesterday when asked, "Ïn a word, No". So which one of them is misleading parliament. And why isn't the MSN screaming blue murder for someone's head for it. Oh wait..........

I wonder which one is lying. it's hard to tell really  Woman LOL

both were nost emphatic with their responses to the question 

he says he did contact her?

she says he didn't?

Message 1483 of 1,581
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@bluecat*dancing wrote:

Hasn't that been happening for quite some time now?

I don't know. Has it?

Heard of Carnita Matthews?  New law in NSW ( police and other authorities given the power to demand the removal of face coverings for identification purposes) in NSW was prompted by the case of Carnita Matthews. WA as well.

From April 30 (2012) anyone who asks a justice of the peace (JP) or lawyer to witness statutory declarations or affidavits will have to remove all head coverings including motorcycle helmets and masks to prove who they are.

NSW Attorney-General Greg Smith said JPs and lawyers will in future be required to see the face of anyone making statutory declarations or affidavits and to confirm their identity.

"In some situations it means individuals wearing full and partial face-covering garments will need to reveal their face for the purpose of identification," Mr Smith said in a statement on Monday.

"If a person is wearing a face covering, an authorised witness should politely and respectfully ask them to show their face."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a statement issued on Monday morning, the Department of Parliamentary Services said anyone wearing a burqa and trying to enter Parliament House will be now asked to "temporarily remove" their facial covering.

20 oct 2014

Message 1484 of 1,581
Latest reply

@lightningdance wrote:

Carnita Mathews, what a charming exampke of the face of islam in our country.

She abused a police officer, accused him of being a racist then filed a false charge against him. She should have served time.

She did a written false statement about him, that's perjury which carries a 15-year-jail-sentence, don't understand why she got off so lightly.

Message 1485 of 1,581
Latest reply

julia wrote:

In a statement issued on Monday morning, the Department of Parliamentary Services said anyone wearing a burqa and trying to enter Parliament House will be now asked to "temporarily remove" their facial covering.

20 Oct 2014

That is not a 'burqa ban' which was proposed and now overturned. They could have introduced the llifting of face coverings for identification purposes, without all the debacle and farce of recent weeks..a  pretty simple solution.

Visitors required to 'temporarily remove' facial coverings

"This will enable DPS security staff to identify any person who may have been banned from entering Parliament House or who may be known, or discovered, to be a security risk," the statement said.

"Once this process has taken place, visitors are free to move about the public spaces of the building, including all chamber galleries, with facial coverings in place."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/controversial-parliament-house-burqa-ban-dumpe...

Message 1486 of 1,581
Latest reply

Hate to speculate but I'm putting my money on Abbott on this one. Absolutely no evidence at all, just a gut feeling. Smiley Very Happy She has more to lose if it was her. Whichever way it was a very stupid thing to do. To have all the extra police, guards, fear campaing, bias, bigotry, etc and then not even raise the threat level of the house was very incompetent. Hopefully, the truth will out. 

Photobucket

Message 1487 of 1,581
Latest reply

neither would surprise me, lol

but you're probably right

& it sounds like it was all based on that discussion on a radio programme.  Is that right??

Message 1488 of 1,581
Latest reply

Do I  now have to repost my previous posts, the ones that were not contravening board usage rules?

Message 1489 of 1,581
Latest reply

Yep, apparantly. A rumour put to a radio station's whispers program. That's what came out of the hearing yesterday anyway. Amazing huh!

Photobucket

Message 1490 of 1,581
Latest reply