Should the Burqa be banned in Australia

nero_bolt
Community Member

Should the Burqa and Niqab be banned in Australia?

mangisi-niqab-burqa-hijab.jpg

Message 1 of 1,581
Latest reply
1,580 REPLIES 1,580

yes

Message 2 of 1,581
Latest reply

I think it would go against civil liberty laws. People should be able to wear their national dress.

Unless it's used for crime concealment of course.

Message 3 of 1,581
Latest reply

no-face-covering-sign.gif

Message 4 of 1,581
Latest reply

No

Could you give 10 good reasons why it should be?
Message 5 of 1,581
Latest reply

What is a burqa?, that hood thing over someone's head in your picture? If so, why should it be, looks harmless enough to me, no worse than wearing a paper bag over your head.

Maybe I should start wearing one of those around here, harder for those to identify me. Looks like good protection from the sun, where do i get one, or do I have to make it?

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 6 of 1,581
Latest reply

Down the street no.

But where helmets ect are not allowed it should be removed also.

Police should have the right to ask it be removed, so the persons identity can be confirmed.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 7 of 1,581
Latest reply

DSC02887.JPG

Not much difference.

Message 8 of 1,581
Latest reply

What does The Quran say about the burqa?

First of all it depends upon who you ask. There is disagreement in Islamic circles as to what extent Quran advocates the wearing of the
burqa. However, The Quran does not specifically mention the burqa or tell women to wear such extremely confining clothes.

Instead, it instructs men and women to dress and behave modestly in society (24:31), which the Ulama or “Scholars” do agree upon. Modern day Muslims base their authority regarding the burqa on the hadith or collected traditions of life in the days of prophet Muhammad. It is important to note here that these “collected traditions” have no place in Islam, (please see relevant articles on this site). Most followers of these traditions know little of their origins or authenticity. For the thousands of traditions attributed to the Prophet only one bears notable credibility
Message 9 of 1,581
Latest reply

Yes.

My reason are- I find it intimidating, some men use it to justify assault on woman who dont wear it and  i believe woman are forced, sometimes violently, to wear it.

These are my opinions. like it or lump it, doesnt worry me

I was in the bank last week and there was a sign saying no hoodies, no helmets, no sunglasses but there was nothing saying no Burqa or Hijab. That makes no sense at all IMO

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 10 of 1,581
Latest reply