Sineater - psst...in here

I just watched Materchef  US Season 5 Episode 1

(Thought I better start a new thread and not hijack the Australian one)

Plus we can add Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares to this one too.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 338
Latest reply
337 REPLIES 337

They changed the format!

I liked the previous format where you got to see the top 100 auditions. This year, it is only 30????

Graham is looking good, eh? 150lbs you say?

Joe is still Joe, but I reckon Gordon just gets better LOL

1st Cookoff - Can't see the point in Gordon joining the contestants, but then cooking right up the front with his back to everyone so they couldn't see him? Wonder what the point of that was?

Wish they had have shown more of the guy with the syringe and the molecular gastronomy - do you know if he pulled off his dish? I mean, he made it through, but what did he actually do? They didn't show that. The molecular stuff intrigues me - saw it in action at elBulli - but only as an observer.

The little fella with the pate - I thought that was rough eliminating him before the cookoff was even over. They corrected the seasonming in other dishes - he corrected the salt in the pate once they called him on it - then they made an example of him - he seemed to have a fair bit going on, lots of skill bases - but I guess using salt is a pretty basic one, eh?

2nd cookoff - what's with the girl who got a second chance and she cooked another pie? Like WTH? Payed off though I spose. Must have tasted good, cos it looked a mess.

And the guy with the "Runaway Prawns" LOLOL - bit of a tripper! What was he on? Pasta looked good, but I nearly spat my coffee out when he said the pasta portrayed seaweed and the prawns were trying to escape

*whiplash*

Like huh????\

Did he really say that with a straight face?

and the poor bloke with the "play on" a potato souffle... I cringed for him when he said that - I mean - a play on a souffle? There are some things that ya just don't do! Was a shame though, cos the rest of his plate looked good, and the parmesan crisp didn't look soggy, so I thought he might sneak through..

and then the girl with the rosti stack.... raw potatoes? seriously? she looked surprised, so she mustn't have tasted em before serving, eh?

OMG and that woman who was working ion a pigs trough! She was just chucking stuff all over the floor! I've never seen anyione work so dirty - like, is that how she cooks at home? and when they called her on it, she said "I thought they had people to clean that"???? Can't believe they let her through - food must have tasted good, but geez, she cooked like a pig.

Message 2 of 338
Latest reply

Sineater is quite welcome to post about  US MasterChef in the MC is good tonight thread Crikey.  No problem at all, or about any cooking show  🙂

Joono
Message 3 of 338
Latest reply

How nice 🙂

Message 4 of 338
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

Sineater is quite welcome to post about  US MasterChef in the MC is good tonight thread Crikey.  No problem at all, or about any cooking show  🙂

Ok, sorry about that - It kind of felt like we were intruding with the couple of posts we made, was just trying to be polite and not hijack your thread when it seemed top be about the Australian series, not the American one.

Message 5 of 338
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

How nice 🙂

It's OK Icy.  She felt like she was intruding.  Not at all!

Joono
Message 6 of 338
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. This discussion is getting a little heated. Could we please communicate with a more civil tone. Thanks!

Message 7 of 338
Latest reply

Surely you're not serious! Everybody here is being perfectly civil. Why would you think otherwise?
Message 8 of 338
Latest reply

Maybe when they said heated they thought it was burned.

images031AUE81.jpg

Message 9 of 338
Latest reply

82.png

Message 10 of 338
Latest reply