Solar energy uptake - congratulations

well the private owner uptake of solar energy has been a suprising wild success , maybe because power is considered a national asset like  water and so resented being dominated by non-state owned providers , so now thank you, and be preared to be remotely turned off , if some within bigpower have their way

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/energy-operator-wants-to-remotely-switch-off-rooftop-solar-s...

Even more encouragement to upgrade to inhouse battery storage....

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

this was forcast years ago when the solar rebates first came in, the traditional supliers would lose market share and be threatend.

but, would any govt be crazy enough to go along with a plan that would turn off the public generating their own power?

geeze i wish i could afford to have a system big enough to take me totally off grid.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The bit about regulatory requirements is telling.

The generation by rooftop solar doesn't seem to be the problem; it's the regulations. As David said, undoubtedly backed up by the energy operators crying poor.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

this was forcast years ago when the solar rebates first came in, the traditional supliers would lose market share and be threatend.

but, would any govt be crazy enough to go along with a plan that would turn off the public generating their own power?

geeze i wish i could afford to have a system big enough to take me totally off grid.

Just a matter of adding a little every year 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

The bit about regulatory requirements is telling.

The generation by rooftop solar doesn't seem to be the problem; it's the regulations. As David said, undoubtedly backed up by the energy operators crying poor.

New independent technology always suffers some blowback from established vested interests - the trick is to introduce something new in a manner in which the vested interests suffer minimal lose or even gain

With solar power because uptake has mostly been hidden as has been a miriad of small private purchases , the v.i has been slow to wake up and defend itself ( also v.i. has been making profit out of solar direct purchases from home owners) 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

the petrol producers have been telling us for years we have to pay $1.60+ for a litre of fuel

they dont make much profit!

so how is it they can survive selling it for under $1 all of a sudden?

ok, the price of crudes dropped but the cost to turn the crude into petrol hasnt changed.

looks to me like we have been conned for years.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

the petrol producers have been telling us for years we have to pay $1.60+ for a litre of fuel

they dont make much profit!

so how is it they can survive selling it for under $1 all of a sudden?

ok, the price of crudes dropped but the cost to turn the crude into petrol hasnt changed.

looks to me like we have been conned for years.

May be the reason was not to do with their profit margin ......

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply