Tennis Australia

Please .......in training players of the future, it appears that more emphasis should be placed on Sports Psychology.

DEB 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Tennis Australia

I so agree with you.  The manners of the Australians representing us have a lot of improving to do.

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Tennis Australia

Disgraceful behaviour of these little upstarts.

Maybe they need to be put over a knee, afterall they are behaving like little brats.

To NK and BT, have some appreciation for what has been provided for you.

Many would give their left arm to be in such a priviledged environment.

Pffft, you are losing respect very fast.

And is it working for you?  Obviously not. Grow up, you are worse than babies.

(There, I've said it) Smiley Indifferent

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Tennis Australia

What on earth do these upstarts think they can get away with, acting like they are the centre of the universe.

It is not as if they contribute to world peace, feed the starving, et al.

All they can do is bang a ball backwards and forwards on a tennis court better than the rest of us.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Tennis Australia

I have had some things to do with TA over the years.  Not now though. They get a lot of money and many of them do not contribute overly.

However, I cannot stand the attitude of some of the players now. I am embarassed by them. When I was learning to play all those years ago, it was drummed into me that the Umpire is Always Right.  Even in Ladies Midweek, if you were standing with your racquet ready to return the ball and see that it is a foot out. You don't play it but the Umpire did not call it. So it is in. Only way to go. You have to have someone who's decision is final.

Manners.  - I've seen youngsters pulled off the court by their parents for bad behaviour. Needs to happen more often.

And no - they are not contributing to world peace or the cure for cancer... 

If everyone  behaved like Federer the tennis world would be a lot more civilised..

Photobucket
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Tennis Australia

I played competitively for many years from 7 -16yrs old ....love the game. I was never good enough to take the next step lol.

However I was a ball girl in the "Gentile" age of tennis for the likes of John Newcomb Tony Roche, Kenny Rosewell, Sue Barker etc.

This era of player would no more behave like these little brats than fly to the moon! Its a disgrace to the game.

I get so annoyed when I hear people making excuses for them like " Oh they are so young there is so much pressure on them"...puhleeeze

As a country we have always prided oursleves on our sense of sportsmanship, seems one generation is hell bent and determined on destroying that. These brats are an embarrassment, so much so I find myself barracking for the opposition! 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Tennis Australia

Cant agree more. I am glad you had those experiences Retail. I love playing tennis and I still do. I've played since I was 4 and I am over 60 OMG I cant believe I wrote that now.

Your love of tennis is like mine. We had just better enjoy ourselves and try not to watch the histrionics and just plain rudeness of some of the players today.

Enjoy.  (PS - I cant play as well now as I did when I was 12 - *sigh*)   ... but I still think I can.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Tennis Australia

ha ha ha Lambkin.....what a delightful post.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Tennis Australia

Retail - what a wonderful experience for you, being a ball girl.  

That would have been before ball girls were also towel girls wouldn't it?  

I sometimes feel that the manner in which the players ask for a towel is like (off with your head if you don't offer it as if bearing gifts)l....

I know, I know they are taught to do it at Wimbledon.

DEB

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Tennis Australia

@lloydslights wrote:

Retail - what a wonderful experience for you, being a ball girl.  

That would have been before ball girls were also towel girls wouldn't it?  

I sometimes feel that the manner in which the players ask for a towel is like (off with your head if you don't offer it as if bearing gifts)l....

I know, I know they are taught to do it at Wimbledon.

DEB

Hahahha Yes  DEB it was wayyyyy before the towel days. It was an amazing experience for a young person, especially one with delusions of grandeur as far as her tennis prowess was concerned hahaha

The players were so lovely to us. I had my picture taken with some of them for the newspaper and I still remember how proud I was, thought I was the bees knees lol

My proudest moment was being selected to meet & attend a Rod Laver tennis clinic. All I can say is, these little brats need to watch and learn from this amazing player and utter gentleman on and off the court.

Lambkin :I completely understand, my SMASH is hit and miss, mostly miss, in myearly 50s and  I can barely see the ball anymore hahahaha Smiley Wink 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply