The End of the World Today

http://www.theage.com.au/national/its-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it--apparently-20151007-gk3kt9...

If you wake on the morning of October 8, then you should consider yourself lucky – you survived a would-be apocalypse.

An American cult, the eBible Fellowship, had predicted with glee that October 7 would see the world "pass away" in a ball of fire.

This is despite an earlier deathly prediction that the world would end on May 21, 2011. In case you are aware, the world is still hanging around.

The Philadelphia-based group had come up with the prediction based on the interpretation of the Bible by its leader, Chris McCann. On its website, it's claimed October 7 this year would be the end of the world because it was when the world had reached "10,000 overall days of judgment" and also because it is the last day of the "Feast of Tabernacles".

Goodbye, I'll see some of you in heaven:)

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: The End of the World Today

every time i watch the news i think the end of the world is not far off  Woman SadWoman SurprisedWoman Sad

very depressing im a bit of a emu and try not to watch to much Woman Sad

Message 61 of 64
Latest reply

Every time I watch the news I think that the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen wrote fairy tales so much better, and more convincingly.

The news isn't about reporting events, it's about being "newsworthy", grabbing your attention, making you aware, but not alarmed.

The headline reads "Dangerous prison escapee on the run", and they leave the rest to your imagination.

It turns out he's hiding at his girlfriend's place, not roaming the streets looking for bad deeds to commit, but the way they say it you could be forgiven for thinking that a dangerous, violent thug is, even as we speak, breaking into your car with evil intent in mind. Or worse...

The news takes an event and literally turns it into a fairy story.

Sometimes I think the gossip I read online is more fair and accurate. Smiley LOL

Message 62 of 64
Latest reply

fairy1.gif

Message 63 of 64
Latest reply

I've just been reading about a man in the Philippines who apparently has found the wreck of the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH 370.

At the top of the page I'm informed that a Russian fighter jet has been shot down over Turkey (but the ABC news website, who are usually very quick to report these important International events, hasn't said a thing...). There's also a story about a man who has no bottom and is an internet celebrity. I must be surfing a different internet...

Or maybe it's like visiting a cattle station. At the end of the day you come away with a distinct odour of... well, you know... Smiley LOL

Message 64 of 64
Latest reply