The Satin Man - Mystery Of The MIssing Beaumont Children.

An Aussie must read:

New developments in the cold case of the missing Beaumont Children. There is a new book out entitled “The Satin Man.” This book, written by Alan Whiticker explores the possibility that the Beaumont Children were at one point near a man with an alleged sinister background.

One of the sons of South Australian captain of industry Harry Phipps points to his father as a child abuser and cross-gender dresser with a love for satin. He claimed that on the day the Beaumont Children disappeared he saw three children in his backyard. The importance did not dawn to him then but now …

Entire Article Here - Defrosting Cold Cases

I might get it on my kindle.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

imastawka
Honored Contributor

sigh smiley.gif  Another theory just to sell a book  -   just like Jack the Ripper.

Seems to be working though

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Maybe............. people sell books of all kinds, poorly written, poorly researched but the purpose of being an author is to sell a book?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Hopefully one day the mystery will be solved, must be dreadful for their parents to not know what happened 😞

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:
Hopefully one day the mystery will be solved, must be dreadful for their parents to not know what happened 😞

The comments at the end of the article are interesting.

"Once I started reading this book I found it hard to put it down. Easy to read and meticulously detailed, I was drawn into the trail that Alan and his friend Stuart followed in trying to discover as much information as possible about the wealthy Adelaide resident known as The Satin Man. Long dead and with his son suffering from the effects of alcohol abuse, it was not always an easy investigation. However what they have put together is a solid and very plausible explanation as to what happened on Glenelg Beach in 1966. "

Book Review Here 

Who knows, Mr Whiticker and his co-writer Stuart Mullins might be the ones to finally crack the case.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Icy Have you read The Horrible Man ?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I grew up in Adelaide and was the same age as Jane Beaumont when the children disappeared from Glenelg beach where I spent much time as a child and throughout my teenage years.  This book makes total sense, I do not doubt the evidence put forward in this book that this man living in Glenelg and was well known my his family to be a child abuser and deviot.  Makes perfect sense to me that someone living in the close area of Glenelg beach would have taken them, and this man fits the bill especially on his own son's evidence of having seen the three children in this man's back yard the day they went missing.  Can't understand why the police to not take this seriously.  Do not doubt this story for a moment, rings true in all respects.  

Joanne, from Adelaide (now of Perth)

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@msyoganini wrote:

Can't understand why the police to not take this seriously.  Do not doubt this story for a moment, rings true in all respects.  

It is very easy to make something ring very true when you make it up 50 years later and it is imposible to provide any actual evidence, for or against.  So this man saw 3 strange children in the garden on the day the kids went missing, and with all the publicity he did not think anything about it until now?  LOL

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Right, Mr Phipps brought the kids home while his son, wife and who knows who else were there and killed them, and nobody said anything?  LOL  Cross dressing is not usually associated with child abuse.

"Mr Phipps' estranged son Haydn claimed to have seen the three Beaumont children in the backyard of their Glenelg house the day they vanished in January 1966, and that his father had buried them in the sandpit at the Castalloy factory at Plympton, which he owned. at the time."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/allegations-against-late-adelaide-businessman-har...

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply