Thoughts on Maddie McCann

I just read this and tend to agree with some of the points Katie Hopkins has raised.

Would never leave my child and go out to dinner, to do it in a foreign country is just not something I could imagine doing.

http://startsatsixty.com.au/current-affairs/news/the-controversial-opinion-about-little-maddie-mccan...

Photobucket
Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I blamed her parents as soon as I heard about it.

How could they go out to dinner and leave three young children alone?

Remember, there were twins younger than Maddie there as well.

Kids can wake up and panic, or hurt themselves while unattended.

Forget being abducted.

I don't care that they were only 2 minutes away.

Don't know why that opinion was not allowed to be publicised.

“Maddie wasn’t lost because someone took her. She was lost because she was left to be found”,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Definitely very valid points.

And if we stop thinking about the McCann parents the way we imagine them to be, like our good selves, then we begin to realize that perhaps they WERE different.

Perhaps the parents were selfish and cared more about their entertainment in their lives and perhaps the children were considered second to the parents lives, inconvenient and a nuisance even.

We only see a small glimpse of the parents through media, and it's possible they are putting their best foot forward when eyes are on them. 

Lets not forget they may be the best parents, totally innocent and perhaps it was the first time the children had been left alone and Maddie was abducted, BUT one cannot forget the fact that such young'uns were left alone. There lies the cause and problem.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I blamed her parents as soon as I heard about it.

How could they go out to dinner and leave three young children alone?

Remember, there were twins younger than Maddie there as well.

Kids can wake up and panic, or hurt themselves while unattended.

Forget being abducted.

I don't care that they were only 2 minutes away.

Don't know why that opinion was not allowed to be publicised.

“Maddie wasn’t lost because someone took her. She was lost because she was left to be found”,

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Seems to be the bottom line doesn't it. There is a fantastic show I have been watching on Foxtel based on the story, absolutely brilliant.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

What's it called?       I'm interested   

Maybe it's on catch-up

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Maybe it's on catch-up

Actually it is on SBS, brilliant

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/the-missing

Photobucket
Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

Maybe it's on catch-up

Actually it is on SBS, brilliant

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/the-missing

It is very vaguely based on it, that aside it is very good watching.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

Definitely very valid points.

And if we stop thinking about the McCann parents the way we imagine them to be, like our good selves, then we begin to realize that perhaps they WERE different.

Perhaps the parents were selfish and cared more about their entertainment in their lives and perhaps the children were considered second to the parents lives, inconvenient and a nuisance even.

We only see a small glimpse of the parents through media, and it's possible they are putting their best foot forward when eyes are on them. 

Lets not forget they may be the best parents, totally innocent and perhaps it was the first time the children had been left alone and Maddie was abducted, BUT one cannot forget the fact that such young'uns were left alone. There lies the cause and problem.

image host
Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Then we should all be thankful that our own bad or foolish parenting mistakes were not so harshly punished.  I, for one, know I did lots of things wrong when bringing up my family, but they are all still alive and I know where they are.

I think we are in danger of falling into victim blaming here, unless people believe it was actually the parents who "removed" the child?

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

If I turned my back and my child drowned I would be to blame, even though it would not be intentional. The fact of the matter is that it would not have happened if the child was not left alone, I think that is the point of the article, not that the parents are bad. We all make mistakes and accidents do happen.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

Having seen some of Katie Hopkins performances and been left with a bad taste in my mouth I'm pretty sure she has every intention of making them out to be bad parents.
Whatever the principle is I suspect her motives are not pure.
Message 10 of 42
Latest reply