Tim Mathieson....blunder or not?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/15975324/pms-partner-jokes-about-prostate-exams/

Prime Minister Julia Gillard's partner, Tim Mathieson, has made a joke about Asian women and prostate examinations during a speech at The Lodge.

The remark was made during a reception in honour of the Prime Minister's XI cricket match.

Mr Mathieson is a men's health ambassador and was encouraging the crowd to get prostate checks.

He then suggested men should look for a small, female, Asian doctor to perform the examination.

"We can get a blood test for it, but the digital examination is the only true way to get a correct reading on your prostate, so make sure you go and do that, and perhaps look for a small, Asian, female doctor is probably the best way," he said.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

😮

Message 2 of 54
Latest reply

*pepe
Community Member

every male i know who has faced a prostate exam has made similar comments of hoping the dr is a woman and has small hands.

some people will jump on anything just to be offended.

Message 3 of 54
Latest reply

nero_bolt
Community Member

I will actually defend Timmy here......(shock horror)  Its called a sense of HUMOUR and he made (attempted) a joke on a very serious subject..... Sadly the people with no sense of HUMOUR will go tsk tsk tsk and make comments about this.....

So move on as there really is nothing to see on this one.... and  if I was a man I think I would prefer what Timmy suggested for that examination..... 🙂

Message 4 of 54
Latest reply

Perhaps a wife with long fingers?

Message 5 of 54
Latest reply

I am just shocked that he wouldn't know not to say that, in such a public place, for fear of what has come to pass. It will be publicised for years to come.

Message 6 of 54
Latest reply

I am just shocked that he wouldn't know not to say that, in such a public place, for fear of what has come to pass. It will be publicised for years to come.

Wot, like some of the nasty posts on CS. 😉

Message 7 of 54
Latest reply

?  It wasn't nasty though? just silly humour.

Message 8 of 54
Latest reply

A somewhat clumsy attempt at humour, but even though unintended,  the result is a wide media coverage of the need for prostate checks as one grows older, which can be nothing but good.

Message 9 of 54
Latest reply

A somewhat clumsy attempt at humour, but even though unintended,  the result is a wide media coverage of the need for prostate checks as one grows older, which can be nothing but good.

Completely agree with this comment.

Message 10 of 54
Latest reply