US Jews learn to shoot guns

US Jews learn to shoot guns as anti-Semitic violence continues to rise

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-05/us-america-jewish-community-anti-semitic-attacks-hanukkah/118...

its a worry when religous 'peace' loving people decide to take up arms.

i fully expect stories of innocent people getting murdered because they looked 'suspicious'

i follow a youtuber from the USA called 'furry potato' who is whats called a 'first amendment auditor'

its a small movement trying to test the ability to use the american citizens rights under their constitution by going out and filming govt and other entities from public view.

as enshrined in the US consitiution under 'free press'

she is a transgender former marine so she has had her fair share of bigotry in her life.

she has many youtube videos showing herself getting attacked and even shot!

because she was filming from a sidewalk!! and someone didnt like it.

Message 1 of 96
Latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Re: US Jews learn to shoot guns

In regards to Trump in that they basically let him hang himself out to dry and make an idiot of himself but if he

crossed the line they would quickly jump on him.good.gif

Message 41 of 96
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

To actually think to compare the US government to the nazis and they are going to take away it's citizens

freedom is absolutely absurd and it looks like they need a large supply of tin foil hats to stop the "mind" control

that they must also have of course.

They already do. It's called CNN. You sound like a fan.

That's the reasoning behind some needing semi automatic weapons of mass detruction because they feel afraid

of their own government who is voted in by them and can't be a dictatorship due to the laws and agencies in

place to prevent that.

Are you aware that there are over 2000 municipal, state and federal laws regulating firearms and dozens of federal agencies as well as thousands of state and municipal in place to enforce them in the U.S.? Your reasoning would seem to indicate that you believe that there couldn't possibly be a gun control problem.

Message 44 of 96
Latest reply

. . . couldn't possibly be a gun control problem ?

'About 40% of Americans say they own a gun or live in a household with one, according to a 2017 survey, and the rate of murder or manslaughter by firearm is the highest in the developed world. There were almost 11,000 deaths as a result of murder or manslaughter involving a firearm in 2017.

While it is difficult to know exactly how many guns civilians own around the world, by every estimate the US with more than 390 million is far out in front.'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

Message 45 of 96
Latest reply

@bidicus*maximus wrote:

Many people here in the US don't own guns and don't feel "forced" to own one or more to protect themselves from their fellow citizens.  I don't own any guns and have lived here all of my life.  

The "protection" of owning a gun isn't always so much an everyday need as it is an insurance policy against the rise of a government that may wish to take away our rights and freedoms.  

Making guns illegal wouldn't stop criminals from buying them any more than making drugs illegal stops a substance abuser from buying drugs. 

I was particularly interested in this as our Texas friend on another messageboard used to often bring it up.

My worry is it is a bit of a pipe dream, I think.

If you happened to get some sort of despot in power, who took over the military (which I think is sort of unlikely to happen in US), there is no way on earth that the citizens could protect themselves with ordinary guns.

Not against military style weapons, biological & chemical warfare, gassing etc

The constitutional rights were written back in the day when the gun ruled, but those days have gone.

In the event of a very small and limited nuclear war, I can see the use of guns but I think it would be citizen against citizen in the affected cities, more than citizens against the military as I think it would be reasonably possible to knock out the US government (as a working entity) in such an event.

Message 46 of 96
Latest reply

@isgodnu wrote:

@go-tazz wrote:

To actually think to compare the US government to the nazis and they are going to take away it's citizens

freedom is absolutely absurd and it looks like they need a large supply of tin foil hats to stop the "mind" control that they must also have of course.

They already do. It's called CNN. You sound like a fan.

A pay TV news station which I've never heard until you mentioned it and it does what?(mind control?)shok.gif

That's the reasoning behind some needing semi automatic weapons of mass destruction because they feel

afraid of their own government who is voted in by them and can't be a dictatorship due to the laws and

agencies in place to prevent that.

Are you aware that there are over 2000 municipal, state and federal laws regulating firearms and dozens of federal agencies as well as thousands of state and municipal in place to enforce them in the U.S.?

Your reasoning would seem to indicate that you believe that there couldn't possibly be a gun control problem.

That's the exact opposite of what I've written as the US has a big gun control problem.

It sounds like you think that it's over policed and there are tight controls which there is not when you

consider how easy it seems to be to buy a gun in the US.

I've always stated that there is a big gun control problem when ordinary citizens can and believe they need to

buy semi automatic weapons in the so called guise of needing them to protect themselves from their own  

government (which is what the gun lobby would want as it sells more guns).

No matter how many laws you have in place if you allow the sale of semi automatic weapons to ordinary

citizens then you have a gun control problem.

If you allow ordinary citizens to have 5,10,20 or more guns then you have a big gun control problem.

When you allow the gun lobby to promote the sale of guns on a big scale then you have a gun control

problem(when those semi automatic weapons are turned into automatic weapons and used for mass

murders then you have gun control problems

The world believes the US has a gun control problem and the only ones that don't are some of the ordinary

US citizens,the criminals,the gangs,the nutters and the gun lobby and their stores as the sale of guns in the

US is worth tens of billions of dollars due to the 13 million plus sales each year and each time there is a

shooting or a possible restriction that may come in sales sky rocket.stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 47 of 96
Latest reply

Americans really do need to wake up to the fact that they cannot protect themselves from their govt using their  pop-guns.

The USA has the strongest and best equipped military force in the world.

But then, Americans and their guns . . . they love each other to death Smiley Indifferent

Message 48 of 96
Latest reply

Self perpetuating. Their constitution allows them to bear arms to protect themselves against a totalitarian government. The government has to build a massive military and associated domestic security agencies to protect itself from a well armed, scared and paranoid society. This justifies the massive spending on weapons and leaves little for healthcare, education, unemployment benefits etc.
Message 49 of 96
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

If you happened to get some sort of despot in power, who took over the military (which I think is sort of unlikely to happen in US), there is no way on earth that the citizens could protect themselves with ordinary guns.

Not against military style weapons, biological & chemical warfare, gassing etc

Let's not forget that the military also has nukes... however, weapons of mass destruction aren't selective enough to put down a rebellion.  The imagined "despot" would surely try to give the appearance of being a legitimate leader and would doubtless have many followers dependant upon him for their livelihood.  Indiscriminate killing would never do.  Small arms might in fact be of great use to a resistance.

Message 50 of 96
Latest reply