Uber to deploy driverless cars in Philadelphia

esayaf
Community Member
I always knew that Uber was established to become a driverless car service.
Uber are going to deploy 100 driverless cars in Philadelphia.
A spokesperson from Volvo said that the price structure of Uber driverless cars may actually make private car travel economically unviable.
I can't wait. I'm really looking forward to not owning a vehicle and all the associated expense, especially when it spends more time sitting in my driveway doing nothing.
Now is the time to buy a pub too because with driverless cars pub culture will make a comeback as one won't be able to be charged with drink driving
Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It'll be good when they come up with the jobless job. You get paid for doing nothing. Oh hang on,they've already invented it. It's called Parliament.

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

fo-trut
Community Member

I'm 84 percent sure no one in Philly is being charged with, urmm, "drink driving" LoL That's an Australian term. Here it's OMVI, or DUI, maybe on a stretch, "drinking and driving" and with that lets go to the files of the fly one

I don't drink and drive, no I drive then drink

guzzling alot of whisky, on the interstate

and on the highways, lord I gets to feelin pretty high

But I drive then drink, I don't drink and drive

When I get into my car, I'm sober you can tell

Somehow don't stop me from going to jail

Now I'm doin time, O.M.V.I.

But I drive then drink, I don't drink and drive

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
Uber to be legalised in Victoria and a surcharge of $2 to compensate taxi licence holders. I wonder how much the surcharge will be once they change to driverless cars to compensate for the mass unemployment that is going to occur as Uber are establishing a driverless truck company in America in the not too distant future
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

and after the uber driverless cars....

THE UBER PILOTLESS AIRCRAFT!!

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

face4.gif ..... I'll never ever be a passenger in anything driverless or pilotless!!   Gives new meaning to 'computer crash'.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

@tasfleur wrote:

face4.gif ..... I'll never ever be a passenger in anything driverless or pilotless!!   Gives new meaning to 'computer crash'.

dont panic, there will be an auto pilot silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WQfZYacEAw

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

But but but, it's already "auto pilot" by default, so how does an auto pilot control an auto pilot   >>> computer crash versus computer crash .....

omg1.gif

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

crash.gif

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
You could always stick to a bicycle tasfleur
Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

At the risk of sounding racist, the idea of 100 driverless cars in amongst amongst all the traffic  on the streets of Philedelphia  reminds me of the  joke about ireland  swapping to driving on the right to comply with  E,U regulations  - they're phasing it in, startig with trucks and buses.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply