Violence against women OK.

Muslim leader Keysar Trad tells Andrew Bolt violence against women is 'last resort'

A controversial Muslim community leader has said violence towards women should be a "last resort".

President of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils Keysar Trad appeared on Sky News last night when host Andrew Bolt brought up domestic violence.

The presenter quoted from the Koran, saying "It is permissible for him (husbands) to beat her (the wife) light with his hands".

"Violence is a last resort," Trad responded.

"Before you even consider using your hand before you consider any act of violence have you checked box number one, which is counselling. Have you checked box number two?

[...]

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/02/23/06/33/muslim-leader-keysar-trad-tells-andrew-bolt-violen...

Given the priapic identity of the alleged religion in question is it any wonder we see such views trotted out from time to time.

I'll bet we'll see an avalanche of criticism directed at Mr Trad after what he had to say. At the same time we'll see a flight of pigs soaring high.

Julia Gillard phone your office.

Message 1 of 97
Latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Violence against women OK.

So if you want to stamp out the practice of mutilation in Australia, you have to target where it happens. That's the muslim community.

I agree. It is a hideous practice. Unfortunately in the vast majority of cases seen by paediatricians the butchery has already been carried out overseas before the girls ever come to Australia. Of the 59 cases documented in a recent study only 3 children were found to have been born  in Australia - and one of them had been taken to Indonesia to have the procedure done. 

The researchers did admit that the prevelance was probably grossly understated, but it does seem to indicate that, for girls born here, the law and preventative measures in place  do seem to be working. One can only hope that with sufficient education and encouragement the next generation will be a lot wiser than their parents.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-13/report-on-female-genital-mutilation-shows-hidden-prevalence/81...

Message 31 of 97
Latest reply

Yes, that's true. Anyone here that is found to do it though should be prosecuted.

Our laws need to be clear. Some things should be non negotiable.

Message 32 of 97
Latest reply

Due to my wifes battle with cancer [winning, thankfully] we have had to travel to the city for treatment. At the hospital we were confronted with women wearing those tent things. They had to look out through what looked like wire in a small gap were their eyes are.

The bland grey colour and being covered head to foot stripped them of all femininity and humanity. They are reduced to non-people.

That is the only word i can use to describe them is a non-person.

To see woman being degraded this way made us both upset, no woman would want this or even choose this.

I hope it never becomes acceptable in my mind that this abuse of women is alright as it seems that to many it has.

As an Australian i am ashamed that we have allowed these woman to be reduced to nothingness.

Message 33 of 97
Latest reply

@cspotrunning wrote:

Due to my wifes battle with cancer [winning, thankfully] we have had to travel to the city for treatment. At the hospital we were confronted with women wearing those tent things. They had to look out through what looked like wire in a small gap were their eyes are.

The bland grey colour and being covered head to foot stripped them of all femininity and humanity. They are reduced to non-people.

That is the only word i can use to describe them is a non-person.

To see woman being degraded this way made us both upset, no woman would want this or even choose this.

I hope it never becomes acceptable in my mind that this abuse of women is alright as it seems that to many it has.

As an Australian i am ashamed that we have allowed these woman to be reduced to nothingness.

how would you feel if one of these women were to greet you?

Image result for african tribal women

Message 34 of 97
Latest reply

I personally don't have a problem (within reason) with people dressing as they wish. I don't like those full tent like things with only a piece of mesh, I must admit, though that is just a personal preference. But I don't find the more usual headcovering only (with face showing) at all worrying.

What i do think is important though is that when it comes to safety and security, people should be able to choose their clothing but accept consequences. For example, if you dress in one of those outfits with only a small section for your eyes to look out, then you definitely should not be allowed to drive as peripheral vision is restricted. You should not be able to go for a licence without showing your face (or having fingerprints etc). You should not get a passport without some proof of ID.

You should not be able to enter a bank. Those sorts of things.

Message 35 of 97
Latest reply

what's your point david?

degrading women is acceptable?

keeping women in stone age thinking is fun?

and why do you keep changing the subject?

Message 36 of 97
Latest reply

"I personally don't have a problem (within reason) with people dressing as they wish. I don't like those full tent like things with only a piece of mesh, I must admit, though that is just a personal preference. But I don't find the more usual headcovering only (with face showing) at all worrying."

In the Western countries we consider facial expressions as important to good face-to-face communications, so I think we naturally feel uneasy when those expressions are concealed.

In Islam, women are not held in as high regard as men are and in some Islamic countries women don't enjoy the right to freely associate in public or even communicate with men who are not their relatives. I think that the niqab is a device which exists to prevent women in Islam from freely participating in society. It's a device to keep them in their place which is on a rather lower rung of the social ladder.

I mean, they're only women, right? and I think that the niqab is a garment designed to underline this fact.

Smiley Sad

Message 37 of 97
Latest reply

@cspotrunning wrote:

what's your point david?

degrading women is acceptable?

keeping women in stone age thinking is fun?

and why do you keep changing the subject?

i havent changed the subject, just looking at it from another angle.

are the women the lip augmentation being degraded?

muslim women for argument sake are from part of the world with near stoneage thinking, just because they move country doesnt change their upbringing.

how many english people living in australia still call england home? even after living here all their lives?

we dont demand they call australia home or follow all our ideas of life.

if a uk man flies a british flag in his front yard would we be asking him to remove it? i doubt it.

but if someone from the middle east flies a flag from some of those countries i'm sure some would be wanting it stopped.

my view on the muslim head covering is that it didnt seem to be a problem until we were told some women in areas of the middle east were being used as human bombs. not sure why having their heads coverred made any difference, the bombs were not under their hats so to speak.

violence is not ok in australia but it wasnt very long ago men used violence against their wives and no one thought it was so bad, back in the 40's and 50's.

its only in recent times we have created the laws to protect women from violence.

muslim countries have been treating women like this for much longer than australia has even been settled by white people. i think its going to take a long time to change muslim views in this area.

Message 38 of 97
Latest reply

Had a few Javanese "muslim' girlfriends in my time....every one of them had had a hoodectomy.... however....not one

was missing a clitoris.... which (straight from the horses mouth) heightened sexual friction/pleasure

It appears that GM is only GM if it,s performed on a female muslim

I think the link below says it all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision

a copy and paste from the top of the page

Circumcision

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about male circumcision. For female circumcision, see female genital mutilation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood_reduction

Results
The functional corrections and perceived aesthetic improvements to the vulvo-vaginal complex indicate that labiaplasty procedures have a high-rate of patient satisfaction with the surgical outcome, and a low incidence-rate of medical complications.

The study Aesthetic Labia Minora and Clitoral Hood Reduction using Extended Central Wedge Resection reported that of a 407-woman cohort, 98 per cent were satisfied with the labial reduction outcomes; that the average patient satisfaction score was 9.2 points on a 10-point scale; that 95 per cent of the women experienced reduced pudendal discomfort; that 93 per cent of the women experienced improved self esteem; that 71 per cent experienced improved sexual functioning; that 0.6 per cent (one woman) reported lessened sexual functioning; and that 4.4 per cent of the women experienced medical complications.

https://insideislam.wisc.edu/2011/02/the-truth-about-islam-and-female-circumcision/

The most important thing to know is that Islam protects a womanโ€™s right to sexual enjoyment and health and if female circumcision violates those rights, automatically the practice would be considered forbidden.

However, the Western world is quick to assume that female circumcision is harmful to a woman without considering the different types of circumcision and also taking into account that any surgery, even common male circumcision, carries with it the possibilities of infection if not done in a sterile environment and performed by a medical professional. The same goes for circumcising a female.

The World Health Organization separated the female circumcision procedure into four categories. Type 1 circumcision is the removal of the clitoral prepuce, which is very similar to the prepuce of a **bleep**, which is removed during male circumcision.

This is the most basic procedure of female circumcision and the only procedure that would be allowed in Islam.

The other procedures, types 2 and 3, where the labia minora, labia majora and clitoris may be extracted, are considered forbidden as they carry with them too many possibilities of bodily harm.

There is slight confusion regarding what is female genital mutilation (FGM) and what is female circumcision. In truth, the two terms have been used interchangeably but carry with them two very different connotations by the speaker.

would love to see some figures on how many muslim women had hoodectomy rather than hoodectomy and clitoris

removal.....anybody else???

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 39 of 97
Latest reply

@ambercat16 wrote:
The part I find strange is that the religion believes in female mutilation,(which of course is a man thing as no "god/deity would condone it as it's inferring with what they created).
ummmm - what about male circumcision.  Juadism has male circumcision as one of the main tenets of the faith.

there are many many  more male muslims in the world than jews. Male circumcision is also one of the main tenets of

the muslim faith.

My best friend has been married to a javanese lady for 25 years. I witnessed their australian born sons'

loin skinned, ritual knife, "jungle" circumcision and ceremony. I have been to many other male ceremonies, but never a

female one. It is a real celebration with usually hundreds of near and distant family coming.

They use a cupla sticks jammed under the loin skin to "help" the healing and stop the chafing.

My first visit to "Gland" was in 1976

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 40 of 97
Latest reply