lal-au0
Community Member

opinions?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Wearing the Aussie flag tomorrow?

to lurker who said:

There was a young man wearing the flag as a cape in the cafe where we had lunch yesterday. We all thought it was very inappropriate. Your national flag is not an item of clothing.

....................................................................................................................................................................................

I agree with you Lurker.

Disrespectful.

The symbol of flag on clothing and attire is okay.....but wearing an actual flag-no, imo.

A flag is meant to be 'flown', to freely flutter in the wind. A sign of pride, support, deep belief and is done with a certain amount of reverence......don't see any respect or reverence shown by wearing a flag in 'fancy dress-up' mode or as a nappy!

Men and women have died serving our country under our Australian flag.....it is not good enough if someone used the excuse 'Oh well, this is the Aussie way!'.....just portrays an ignorant, uneducated disrespect.

How would you/we/us when attending a B-B-Que react/feel about people using Chalices (used for Mass offerings of Blessed wine & Bread, Holy water etc) as beer mugs?!....same disrespect 

Some things in Australian culture are sacred. Our flag is one of them.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Australia

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

@boris1gary wrote:

so does this mean when the LyingNP lose the next election you will be leaving?

Why would i do that..... unlike you i dont dislike my country or way of life.......

boris why do 5ou dislike australia and our way of life so much?

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

@bcaau_as1hft wrote:

@boris1gary wrote:

so does this mean when the LyingNP lose the next election you will be leaving?

Why would i do that..... unlike you i dont dislike my country or way of life.......

boris why do 5ou dislike australia and our way of life so much?

can you hear me yawning from reading your dull and pointless questions.........

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

I don't like how wikipedia site states that our Aussie flag is a 'defaced' flag!!

That's a bit rough/rude

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Australia

The flag of Australia is a defaced Blue Ensign: a blue field with the Union Jack in the canton (upper hoist quarter), and a large white seven-pointed star known as the Commonwealth Star in the lower hoist quarter. The fly contains a representation of the Southern Cross constellation, made up of five white stars โ€“ one small five-pointed star and four, larger, seven-pointed stars.

The flag's original design (with a six-pointed Commonwealth Star) was chosen in 1901 from entries in a competition held following Federation, and was first flown in Melbourne on 3 September 1901;[1] this date has been proclaimed as Australian National Flag Day.[2] A slightly different design was approved by King Edward VII in 1902. The seven pointed commonwealth star version was introduced by a proclamation dated 23 February 1908.[3] The dimensions were formally gazetted in 1934,[4] and in 1954 the flag became recognised by, and legally defined in, the Flags Act 1953, as the "Australian National Flag".

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

In the context of vexillology, the word "deface" carries no negative connotations, in contrast to general usage. It simply indicates differentiation of the flag from that of another owner by addition of elements. For example, many state flags are formed by defacing the national flag with a coat of arms.

Make you feel better Paints?
Message 25 of 25
Latest reply