Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Wearing the Aussie flag tomorrow?

Yep. Too bloody Right. Big Day.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

i have an aussie flag and a german flag in the same size and could sew them together to make a nice dress but hubby said it's VERY bogun thing to do to which i replied "but oztrawlia IS bogun!".

after all it's the essence of aussie culture.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Hope all you Aussies have a nice day, tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

@mick590_1 wrote:

Thank you.

I suppose it is our 'Thanks Giving'.

I hope everyone enjoys,

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

@mick590_1 wrote:

Thank you.

I suppose it is our 'Thanks Giving'.

I hope everyone enjoys,

yes both celebrating genocide.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

I'll be flying one but not wearing one.  I will be the typical Aussie bogan and sport my tattoo. Temporary thank goodness.

Joono
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

I won't be wearing my Australian flag tshirt tomorrow-in protest of this Federal Govt that we have at the sledging helm at present.

....and there's not much to celebrate if you are an indigenous Australian.

I would imagine anyway going by:

The former ACT Australian of the Year Dr Tom Calma is urging all Australians to reflect on what the 26th of January means to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.

Dr Tom Calma has urged Australians to consider what January 26 means for Indigenous Australians.

Many Indigenous people choose to mourn or not celebrate Australia Day, preferring to call it 'Invasion Day' or 'Survival Day'.

"Some Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are quite comfortable to use it as a day of celebration," said Dr Tom Calma."Others want to see it as a day of mourning, a day of sorrow, a day where we can help educate the rest of the community about us."

According to the Kungarakan and Iwaidja man, Australia Day is an opportunity to learn about Australia's pre-colonial history.

"It's not the birth of the nation, because the nation was well and truly here 40,000 to 60,000 years before Captain Cook proclaimed Australia as a colony of Britain".

"Australia, as a continent, was never ceded but it was actually forcefully taken through the doctrine of terra nullius. It meant that we as Aboriginal people couldn't exert our rights as the first peoples of this nation."

Dr Calma, who is also the co-chair of Reconciliation Australia, says discrimination and racism began on January 26, 1788 and has continued to this day..........

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/01/23/reflect-what-january-26-means-indigenous-aussies-calma

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

flag1.jpg

Happy Australia Day tomorrow to all my friends down under.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

This how you really fly the flag! Happy OZ day!

photo IMGP0525_zps0f4616f7.jpg

I thought about posting this image upside down so that y'all could enjoy it properly.......

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply