What are your thoughts....

*pepe
Community Member

Say you were accused of something you hadn't done and suffered some ramifications for it and you message the accuser letting them know they were wrong and asking why they thought you had done this deed - the accuser reads the message but totally disregards it - neither acknowledges they received the message nor that they were wrong.

What would you think?  Would you think they are rude or that they are just to weak to admit their mistake or some other conclusion?

I'm after opinions....

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: What are your thoughts....

Are we talking real life or social media and were the ramifictions serious?

They  might be embarrassed to admit they are wrong,

They might  be worried about possible  ramifications for them if they admit they are wrong

Or they might  just be so bloody minded nothing will ever convince them they are wrong.

You are the best one to judge which applies, and either way, unless it is really important to prove they are wrong I'd just shrug my shoulders and say 'Well, sod you then.' Specially if it's only social media.

You know the old saying "the people who matter won't mind and the people who mind won't matter. "

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

you get a green tick too as i hadn't thought of the covering their butt angle.

Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

moonflyte
Community Member

It's completely unacceptable if you do not have any redress to an entity who has complete control over what is allowed.

It is more like a communist governimg body and the plebs don't matter, no matter who's right or wrong

Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

You know the old saying "the people who matter won't mind and the people who mind won't matter.

love that saying Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

Hmmm. How to answer that one without being removed.

i suppose there should be apologies all around as I never did see anyone admit they were wrong when they accused me  of  "channeling" another poster, but I don't expect an apology either, I thought it was funny really.

when it's known that a poster has a propensity for using other ID's  then people will generally be suspicious

as for the kudos thing..  Check it... It's a bit fishy

Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

Ay.

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

i suppose there should be apologies all around as I never did see anyone admit they were wrong when they accused me  of  "channeling" another poster, but I don't expect an apology either, I thought it was funny really.

when it's known that a poster has a propensity for using other ID's  then people will generally be suspicious

I think accusing a member of using muliple ID's is a viiolation of cs.

As for Icy, she has only ever used the one ID but I'm sure she can stand up for herself. 

Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

can you people please take your agendas elsewhere.

my threads and posts are already an endangered species around here without your help.

Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

Being suspicious is fine. Repeated accusations are another thing.
The channelling thing was a question, not an accusation. Just a suspicion, maybe groundless. Maybe not.
I dont see what fish has to do with it.

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@debra9275 wrote:

hmm I think not wanting to admit a mistake - or even acknowledge it

yes. opmania I've noticed that about 3rd hand information

Like me being accusing of  being Julia, and kudoing myself, you mean?

never did see anyone admit they were wrong about that, and I have yet to receive an apology. Not holding my breath, though.

so what type of person doesn't admit

they were wrong?  

refer to posts above  for more info  Woman LOL

Message 40 of 42
Latest reply