Which book character are you?

I loved reading Heidi and Anne of Green Gables when I was young (and a few times later, as well).  

In answering some of the other threads here, I realized that I was in fact, like those characters.

I too, had an affinity with older people in my life; my grandfather mainly. He was patient and understanding.  The joy in his eyes when he saw me resolve a problem, or discover something new was so encouraging.  My love of gardening, and reading resembles his life.

DEB (Heidi Anne)

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Josef K.
Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

well I  wanted to be Bessie or Fanny from the Faraway Tree books.

Woman Happy

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

And I could have been Lolita! 

DEB

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

To Bessie/ Fannie.  I had not heard of those books until I looked into Wikapaedia.  My Enid Blyton experience was Noddy, and his friend Sooty.

I was dealt a poor imagination re the "magical" side of literature.  To this day, I don't like Alice in Wonderland. Or Science Fiction, Star Trek, or even The Magic Pudding.  

But of course, each to their own.  That's what makes the world go round.  (And discussions within the forum multi faceted.)

DEB 

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

I loved The Magic Pudding and also all May Gibbs books, plus Enid Blytons'

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Nurse Cherry Ames, maybe

Or a combo of George and Anne from Famous Five

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

Patrick Bateman.....sometimes:-)
Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

spot, i don't believe you (bateman), i had to google the name as i had forgotten it, will never forget the book though - horrible, horrible, horrible. I always (nearly)  force myself to finish any book I start, that one was difficult - had to cover it at night and tossed it into the bin when i finished it

Woman Surprised

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

keng, thinking about it, I can probably thank Enid for my love of picnic's, May for my love of Australian Flora and Fauna and Norman Lindsay is one of my favourite Australian artists.

Woman Happy

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply