coronavirus vaccine, who should get it first?

when a coronavirus vaccine is available who should be first in line?

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

the pollies to test it

Message 2 of 67
Latest reply

In my opinion, the question we should be asking right now is WHEN would the vaccine be available and not so much as to WHO should be the first or second in line to get the jab. Undoubtedly the country who comes up with the vaccine will be holding the BIG stick.
Message 3 of 67
Latest reply

Jokes aside we probably should pick a state that is isolated from the rest of the country incase a zombi apocalypse is created.

Message 4 of 67
Latest reply

lalbo-81
Community Member
The people who are willing to volunteer to fight the virus and the fear. The brave ones. They'll set everyone else's minds at ease.
Message 5 of 67
Latest reply

IMO it should be those considered to be most vulnerable if they were to contract the virus. Then those considered to be at greater risk of contracting it e.g. nurses, doctors. After that it's first in best dressed.

Message 6 of 67
Latest reply

Vaccine developemt & manufacturer employees including management , then any share holders in the company , then those that approve the vaccine , then Doctors and nurses who administer the vaccine - and no fudging using placebos... 

Message 7 of 67
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

Vaccine developemt & manufacturer employees including management , then any share holders in the company , then those that approve the vaccine , then Doctors and nurses who administer the vaccine - and no fudging using placebos..

Good point. I would agree with that rogespeed. But maybe put  a certan B.G. in  there first. Then 2 to 3 years later if no ill effects then possibly make it available to those who request it.

Message 8 of 67
Latest reply

I am VERY PRO vax. I will stick my arm out for whatever is going. I work in health care. I DO NOT want this vaccine, as vaccines take years to develop and test. This vaccine is coming out way too quckly. However, working in health, I fear I will be forced to have it.

I want a vaccine that is tried and tested over lots of years. I don't want something that fast tracked and rushed, like this one is.

Message 9 of 67
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I am VERY PRO vax. I will stick my arm out for whatever is going. I work in health care. I DO NOT want this vaccine, as vaccines take years to develop and test. This vaccine is coming out way too quckly. However, working in health, I fear I will be forced to have it.

I want a vaccine that is tried and tested over lots of years. I don't want something that fast tracked and rushed, like this one is.

I believe some of the vaccines are of a method that are first time developed  

One question I have is why is it not 100% effective and for failed cases exactly why ? 

If we have virtually eradicated the pest , why are we so rah rah about mass national inoculation , when we could wait and evaluate results in more desperate countries where using fast tracked for approval status vaccines is an acceptable and welcome risk ?

I suppose to answer myself is to welcome millions of contaminated and sickly tourists 

Message 10 of 67
Latest reply