did police go too far?

British women thought they'd found boyfriends who shared their beliefs. They were actually undercover police

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-06/uk-women-discover-boyfriends-were-undercover-police-officers/...

you would be a fool not to believe this happens here too

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: did police go too far?

Well I know for sure it happened in NZ

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I'm sure I remember an episode of New Tricks that exposed a similar undercover police set up.  I think it was set during all the nuclear protests in the UK so a bit earlier than this story๐Ÿค”

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Its essentially spying. Do spy agencies go too far ???.............It probably depends on the circumstances.......Woman used to entrap male targets in a war setting ? Whatever it takes.

This story however is stepping over the line in an effort to gain information on activists in a peace time setting.

Whether we agree with particular activists causes or not, our social system relies on activism to reach social change. Its part of our democratic process. These actions undermine that philosophy.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

British women thought they'd found boyfriends who shared their beliefs. They were actually undercover police

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-06/uk-women-discover-boyfriends-were-undercover-police-officers/...

you would be a fool not to believe this happens here too

It just goes to show how far they are willing to go. Most of the environmental activists and anti-war activists have gone a long way to expose the damage to our environment as well as humanity. Sad too as somewhere in the mix big business and it's hunger for profit are responsible.

And while we're on the subject, we should realise too that this practice extends to the Internet.

Health Impact News

Trolls Used by Big Pharma to Attack Vaccine Objectors

Have you ever been on an Internet forum, blog, or Facebook Page where all of a sudden, out of nowhere, several people appear to contradict the main topic being discussed, especially if it is regarding a controversial topic like vaccines? Well it is entirely possible, and even likely, that it is not coincidence, and that it is a well-coordinated attack by โ€œtrollsโ€. As Greenwald reveals in his recently published article, there are definitely programs in place in government spy agencies to do just that.

https://healthimpactnews.com/2014/internet-trolls-may-be-trained-government-agents-according-to-leak...

If you've ever wondered then .....  well have a think about it.

Now back to the woman Ellie in the article that davidc4430 has posted a link to. Imagine hearing this after 18 years. This was a man who cultivated an emotionally and physically intimate relationship with her just to get info on her friend. A man would have to have the traits of a sociopath to do such a thing.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

Its essentially spying. Do spy agencies go too far ???.............It probably depends on the circumstances.......Woman used to entrap male targets in a war setting ? Whatever it takes.

This story however is stepping over the line in an effort to gain information on activists in a peace time setting.

Whether we agree with particular activists causes or not, our social system relies on activism to reach social change. Its part of our democratic process. These actions undermine that philosophy.

The achievements of Martin Luther King can be appreciated when looking back. Sadly back then the parents and grandparents of some of today's appreciating folk didn't feel the same.  Many other examples.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Relevance?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, it went too far.

I can understand police might infiltrate some organisations. We've all seen that in police & spy stories and the like.

That's one thing, but to cultivate a relationship where children are born, that's a whole different level, to me. Too far.

I don't believe it was necessarily all one sided emotionally either, for every officer. The fact that James continued to keep in touch with Ellie for 18 years, well after the 'break up' and the fact they had a sexual encounter as late as 2015, says to me that James was emotionally attached to Ellie too. That's why he confessed to her in 2018, 17 years after meeting her as part of his job.

That degree of closeness is too much, wrecking a lot of lives, hurting a lot of people.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

in reply to 4channel

Monday

@davewil1964 wrote:

Relevance?

Which post are you referring to davwil1964?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

Yes, it went too far.

I can understand police might infiltrate some organisations. We've all seen that in police & spy stories and the like.

That's one thing, but to cultivate a relationship where children are born, that's a whole different level, to me. Too far.

I don't believe it was necessarily all one sided emotionally either, for every officer. The fact that James continued to keep in touch with Ellie for 18 years, well after the 'break up' and the fact they had a sexual encounter as late as 2015, says to me that James was emotionally attached to Ellie too. That's why he confessed to her in 2018, 17 years after meeting her as part of his job.

That degree of closeness is too much, wrecking a lot of lives, hurting a lot of people.

In this case yes springyzone. And after so many years guilt got the better of him. If a man has a heart, it's a terrible thing to carry around and he confessed. I hope that both parties have a recovery from this.  This happens on line as well and social media and chat sites are infested. Unlike James who had a heart, some people are evil sociopath and immoral.  They are happy to accept covert roles like this.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply