ears pierced

At what age did your daughter have her ears pierced?

How young is too young do you think?

I was about 8 or 9 when I got mine done I think.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: ears pierced

Yep I agree Lis with normal piercing you can just remove them, wonder what the folks with fleshies will end up with?
DJ had his eyebrow done at 11, once everyone else started getting it done he took it out, hasn't worn an earring for years either.
Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

None of my grandsons have piercings, they think it's for girls!

Message 22 of 40
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

Mine were 3

Woman Surprised

Message 23 of 40
Latest reply

@mugssy65 wrote:
Yep I agree Lis with normal piercing you can just remove them,

Yeah but the holes won't grow over lol

I gave one ear a second peircing then got over it and now the hole won't grow over

Message 24 of 40
Latest reply

I finally got my mum to let me do it at 14yrs, although it was more my Dad who was against it.

He was 'miffed' when it happened.

Message 25 of 40
Latest reply

@clair.de.lune wrote:

They got my step grand daughters ears pierced, she's 3 1/2 - too young imo

but not my child.....

It's only her ears Clair, no big deal.

Message 26 of 40
Latest reply

@clair.de.lune wrote:

@azureline** wrote:

Mine were 3

Woman Surprised

selective quotes? Woman Tongue one of them was 3..... her big sister was 6....... and the 3 yo was a very determined child... still is

Message 27 of 40
Latest reply

I know freddie it's not my child end of story but I was just curious when other mothers got their girls done

Whispers can you believe az, 3? Woman Surprised

Message 28 of 40
Latest reply

If someone said "I stabbed a hole in my child with a needle" what would you think? 

If you inflict any sort of injury on a child that leaves a wound or scar isn't it child abuse?

I had mine done at 10. I didn't want them done and it hurt like hell. My best friend was getting hers done and her aunty made me get mine done at the same time.

I think when the child is old enough too understand that it's going to hurt, and they are capable of looking after them themselves then it's ok.

I really hate seeing babies with pierced ears ๐Ÿ˜ž , but I suppose it's not much different to taking to a little tackers tockly with a scalpel or docking ring or what ever it is they use on little boys these days.

Message 29 of 40
Latest reply

i did my daughgers at age 3.  she sure enjoyed the chuppa chup  gave her at the time....cried a bit, bit got over it real quick...the minite  said ' look at your pretty earings'.....she luurved them....

i  hindsight, i may not have done it, but she was young enough to forget the discomfort.

we, as parents and grandparents  can get all bent out of shape over peircing kids ears...save your energy for the real important stuff like circumscsion of boys and other more serious issues

Message 30 of 40
Latest reply