i smoke and i enjoy it

All i hear smoking this or that, gets on my goat

if you dont like cigs well that's your hard luck mate, i smoke and enjoy it, smoked 30 years ,and alot don't get it

out there, their are alot like me who can't stop, tried everything to stop don't work so i'll stick to it, untill its that exspensive i will have to force myself to stop, 

if the government really cared they'd ban it, how about raising tax on **bleep** pots

well anyhow was good to get that off my chest

have a good one.

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: i smoke and i enjoy it

@***super_nova*** wrote:

@donnashuggy wrote:

Smoking is enjoyable, smokers like it,

But it also affects people around them, so the comparison with food is not a good one. 

And yes I think that taxing food stuff that has no nutritional value is a very good idea. 

We need more funding for health and education, and infrastructure.  To pay for all those things we all want, we need to pay taxes, so, taxing booze, smokes and rubbish snacks, which are all not necessities is the best way to go.  People have choice to pay or not to pay. 

Lots of things around me that other people do offend me, smoking is not one of them unless I am in a confined space which is pretty rare these days. It is a good comparison to me, the government should tax everything that is bad for us then??? Not just single out smokers.

Photobucket
Message 51 of 66
Latest reply

As an emergency nurse, I can say that "emphysema" is an awful death.

it truly is a dreadful disease 

all the patients whom we struggle to keep alive, regret smoking ( at least whilst they are close to a respiratory arrest )

Many still smoke and they never learn.

all of the lung cancers I have seen were in smokers

i don't smoke and never will after the things I have seen

Message 52 of 66
Latest reply

When people overeat they are only hurting themselves. When smoke floats off into the air, ther's really no way to control it. Unless people lock themselves into an airtight room and I don't know how pracitacal that would be.

The way I go out of my way to avoid someone's smoke sometimes will offend the smoker. I don't mean to, but I guess it seems to them like I'm being mean or implying they stink or maybe below me, I don't want to share the same airspace with them.

The first thing they uasally do is to defend their smoking (smoker's rights) as if they have as much right to smoke as I have to breathe clean air. But in the same minute they go off into a rant about how they can't quit, and wish they could, they don't want to smoke, they don't want to stink.

I feel for them, but at the same time, I just can't stand to be around it. Sometimes I think I would be better off if I could, if it didn't bother me so much, make me sick for days after being around it. Where I live, everyone smokes, I can't make any friends. My family all smoke so it puts me at odds with my own family, destroys relationships.

I have litterally dived under cars and came out on the other side to avoid someone's smoke. bleeding from scrapes on my face and arms, It's that bad.

Message 53 of 66
Latest reply

Sorry I am late, just been out side for a ciggy

Message 54 of 66
Latest reply

@ashjoma wrote:

Yeah, thanks for that.

I have emphysema

Message 55 of 66
Latest reply

If not for based in Oz.

This reminds me of someone.

Message 56 of 66
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@ashjoma wrote:

Yeah, thanks for that.

I have emphysema

I feel for you Stawks..

You don't need to be a nurse to know the emphysema is a horrible disease.  Just live with someone who has it.

Message 57 of 66
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

If not for based in Oz.

This reminds me of someone.

Yeah,  it's her.  Obviously lied about location

She should shoot the smokers with her amendments

Message 58 of 66
Latest reply

@fo-trut wrote:

I have litterally dived under cars and came out on the other side to avoid someone's smoke. bleeding from scrapes on my face and arms, It's that bad.

Oh dear.

Message 59 of 66
Latest reply

the force.jpg

Oh dear goodness - she is back.

Message 60 of 66
Latest reply