"Why wouldn't you try to lose some weight?"

Someone was telling me about her close friend that desperately wants to get married and have kids but she has essentially conceded any chances of that because of her weight and she knows it. She is tallish and has a very pretty face and eats like a horse and makes no effort to lose the weight.

Is it wrong to tell someone to lose some weight for their own good? 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

No but they know that anyway.

It's sometimes just too hard.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Obesity doesn't seem to stop anyone from finding a partner so I don't think that is a concern.  

As for motherhood,  her doctor will make it very clear that being obese and not losing some weight could have some serious health consequences for both her and the child.

Joono
Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

Obesity doesn't seem to stop anyone from finding a partner so I don't think that is a concern.  

As for motherhood,  her doctor will make it very clear that being obese and not losing some weight could have some serious health consequences for both her and the child.

How many guys do you know out there looking for obsese women? Sure it may happen, anything's possible. 

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@j*oono wrote:

How many guys do you know out there looking for obsese women? Sure it may happen, anything's possible. 

A guy worth partnering with would not judge on looks and size but be loking for a compatible personality.

Why so many threads about what women do and what women look like?  Men get fat too. An they get partners and have children.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

According to this page from the Australian Institute of Health and Wellness 63% of Australians are overweight or obese.  That must mean a lot of single people looking for love.

I am skinny and single and loving it.  Well, not really skinny but not overweight.

Joono
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

Sooo, never heard of the term chubby chaser?    Plenty of men out there

who just love a full bodied woman.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

I suspect these men have some sort of mental disorder.
Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

All men have a mental disorder, Bob.

Doesn't matter what a woman looks like,

there's always some man who will want to sleep with her

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

I suspect these men have some sort of mental disorder.

yeah it's called the lizard brain lol

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply