receiving spam email from your own email address.... Grrr

I keep getting spam emails supposedly sent from my own email address.  When i go to *block email senders* I get a msg saying i cant block emails from my own email account.
I have a bogus email contact as my first emaill recipient. 
(eg: Aaa_aa@aa.com.au )Thats supposed to stop  generated bots sending emails to your contact lists, and as far as I know, my account isnt sending OUT emails to my contact list, only to me.

(1)  How is this possible?

(2) How can I stop it happening?

Its always from sex sites and the sort! 

I'm getting at least 10-20 every few days.

Waaaaaaa Man Sad  Man Sad  Man Sad

Is there a computor nerd who might  be able to help me

Pppppppllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......

thanx folks

xxj

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: receiving spam email from your own email address.... Grrr

David, by the amount of issues im having, I'd say there's probably two naughty cats.... the pair of buggas!

Man LOL Man LOL

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

That right click thingie.........I get nothing.

Glad I'm not sending myself emails.    Would never find the source.

Could be this dude

Related image
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Thanx go-taz

Ive spent a few hours reading threads on the topic. It seems that there are hundreds of folk out there in email land, receiving these emails from themselves.
I did find the *source code* for one of them..... it had about 400 letters and  numbers and dashes and dots and so forth in it, and it all meant absolutely nothing to me i'm afraid...  *sigh*

Anyway, I have a few other suggestions I got from the links you supplied.  I'll try that tomorrow if I get any more. I only got 18 today. LOL

Thanks heaps.. Much appreciated,

xxj

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply