the MyTax question

I went online to do my Tax and have used E Tax previously, now it shows I use Mytax going on my answers . I started doing this and my centrelink payments is not showing up ( newstart part payments ) and also I cannot see where I have to put in my FBT = fringe benifit tax . Can anyone help with this please ?
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

the MyTax question

gleee58
Community Member

You can use etax on the ato website instead. All you need is a tax assessment notice issued in the past 5 years.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

I thought MyTax was only for "simple" tax returns. Maybe your centrelink payments and FBT are too complicated for it? You may have to go back to e-tax.

(I could be wrong about the simple returns thing - it has happened before ๐Ÿ˜‰)
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

I havent' actually looked this year, but I know in previous years the auto-fill doesnt work till after a certain date. I think it tells you in e-tax, as you go through it, whether or not its available yet.

Might just need some patience

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

I have found that it is sometimes best to wait until they iron out the glitches.

In the case of etax and now my tax especially!

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

What I mean is that none of the stuff is ready in the first week!!

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

In the weekend papers it mentioned that centrelink and some

banks take a while for the info to appear.

It advised to wait until August to do your own tax or use an agent..........Richo.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

@serendipityricho wrote:

In the weekend papers it mentioned that centrelink and some

banks take a while for the info to appear.

It advised to wait until August to do your own tax or use an agent..........Richo.

I second this advice.  The organisations that send the prefill data can't send it before 30 June and they won't send it until they have crunched the numbers.  There is most likely a deadline by which they are required to send it but I wouldn't think in would be 7 days after the end of the financial year.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

this year, ATO is having more than its usual amount of problems with pre fills etc, the portals are down more than they are up.

if you are doing your own return, give it another 3 weeks or so before using it

re your fbt.....if you paid fbt out of your after tax salary, there is no need for you to report anything ...as the tax has been remitted throughout the year. if youmare paying fbt as pary of a 'private use' arrangement, this is reported in April on its own FBT return and paid then

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

There's the old fashioned way to do tax returns....with guaranteed no computer glitches....on paper. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply