the MyTax question

I went online to do my Tax and have used E Tax previously, now it shows I use Mytax going on my answers . I started doing this and my centrelink payments is not showing up ( newstart part payments ) and also I cannot see where I have to put in my FBT = fringe benifit tax . Can anyone help with this please ?
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

the MyTax question

ATO prefers electronic lodgement, paper forms of all varieties are being phased out.

Taxpapers are being forced/encouraged to use 'my gov' type facilities to report on a variety of persoanl and government related matters for individuals and businesses

a few years from now, there will be nopaper forms available

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

@fiestas*girl wrote:

ATO prefers electronic lodgement, paper forms of all varieties are being phased out.

Taxpapers are being forced/encouraged to use 'my gov' type facilities to report on a variety of persoanl and government related matters for individuals and businesses

a few years from now, there will be nopaper forms available

The ATO will have to get their act together then before they do.  I've been reading in the papers about issues taxpayers have been experiencing with both ATO versions of online lodgements.

Anyway for this year at least, paper lodgement is still possible (though they phased out the Short Form a few years ago) so I've phoned in to get mine.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

omg, you dont know the half of it regarding ATO woes...seriously, for accountanrs the portal is down more than its up

pretty dissapointing really. all the money they throw at it, all the staff made reduntant or let go, this years rollover has been disgracefully abysmal

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

the MyTax question

And not only for accountants.

When I try to lodge our BAS I invariable have to make 2 or even 3 attempts before I am successful.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply