would you consider this a fair trade ?

Couple and single mum of one sharing house together , couple have home phone and internet bundle 200 Gb data , no one uses the phone to make calls but when the couple are not home that is goes to work or away for weekend they take wifi cable so single mum and her daughter cant use internet . But as a single mum she gets a rebate for electricity and discount because because she stayed with same provider when they moved in together and they just halve the bill and thats all they pay taking half of the rebate not paying half of bill before rebate comes off . Would you feel one compensates the other when the only downloading from internet is for facebòok and searching stuff .
Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Is the monthly GB cost x 12mths equal value to the electricty rebate for 12 mths? Do you pay half the broadband bill?

The electricity rebate is money you don't have to pay out. The broadband bill is money the couple have to pay.

You might be best to get your own mobile wifi for broadband, if you don't pay half of the couples bill.

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

gleee58
Community Member

Give them the boot and find some fair house mates.

When I go away my wifi goes public so someone can use what we pay for.   😄

What is wifi cable?  Do you mean ethernet cable to router?

Easy fix is buy another for yourself.  They're cheap.

Or have theirs disconnected and get a connection in your name that you are free to use?

Is it an NBN connection?  If so you can get seperate services connected as each ONT allows for 4 seperate services to be connected to the premises.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I don't care who pays what.       200 Gb is a lot!

How mean of them.  

It would take some heavy duty serious downloading to use up that much.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

vicr3000
Community Member

OP

More info on who pays rent etc and proportion.

Seems a bit ott to me. or Pedantic.

Easy to set limits so she doesn't use the whole 200Gb, you only have to look at the graph

to see who used it when.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

Single mum pays half rent , each buy their own food and cook separately. Couple half main room with ensuite therefore all visitors use main toilet so single mum pays for all visitors usage of loo paper , small thing I know but still costly .
Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Couple wanted to keep internet going when they moved , they have moved to a better place and cheaper rent and electricity and this alone for them is roughly $200 cheaper every 1/4 .
Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

@hahahavefun wrote:
Single mum pays half rent , each buy their own food and cook separately. Couple half main room with ensuite therefore all visitors use main toilet so single mum pays for all visitors usage of loo paper , small thing I know but still costly .

How many bloody visitors does she get ???

Sorry, this all sounds far too petty to me.

I can think of many ways of splitting the resources, services without going down to paying for loo paper, taking your wIfI Cable.

And I am a tightarse at the best of times but that is beyind a joke.

re wifi, you only need to look at the graph on line to see who used it. Set parameters on what is and isn't OK

and go from there.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

@hahahavefun wrote:

If you share a house you share a house.  There should be a communal fund for electricity and basic essentials.  If all home together, cook and share.    This my food your food is not for people that want to share housing.  You need to feel at home at home not like an intruder or visitor.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

I still think if couple pay all the broadband bill they can limit access to it if they want.

With the electricity rebate, you should have discussed that before you moved in and agreed whether they pay a higher % of the bill than you do

You too have benefied from the move.. better house, less cost, shared elec bills.

Broadband is not an essential service like water or electricty. You will have to get your own broadband service I think.

glee -  A lot of people that live in share houses buy their own food, and cook for themselves.

@hahahavefun wrote:
Couple wanted to keep internet going when they moved , they have moved to a better place and cheaper rent and electricity and this alone for them is roughly $200 cheaper every 1/4 .

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply