Digital TV Problem

Hi,

All of a sudden my DTV has stopped working and a message Database Empty comes up.

Now I have tried to reset to default settings but still no channels are showing,it's out of warranty so manufacturer won't help.

So are there any techs out there who may know how to go about repairing this problem or should I just buy another TV?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Digital TV Problem

@collect247 wrote:

Looks like a new TV might be on the cards,there are 3 in the house and this is the only one that won't work,could be an internal issue.

So will pinch the kids TV for now and it won't be pretty with all the verbals I will receive haha.

That will show if it is an antenna issue or not.

Just tell them they can have yours after you check that their one works with your antenna,Whistle.gif

@ crow333crow wrote:

Thanks for the help though

ok.gif

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
It's not a Sony KDL series HDTV by any chance, is it?

If so, loss of off-air signals is a common fault and easily fixed.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

No it's just a soniq,this is the first time its happened and I have no answers on how to fix it,and it's a cheap TV from JB HIFI and not worth paying someone to fix.

Connected all other TVs to the cables to test out and they all worked so it has to be something internal with this TV sojust going to buy a different TV perhaps a better brand name one lol.

Thanks for everyones help

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Hi , if you still have in possession an old set-top box and having the appropriate antenna tested ok by connecting a known good TV to the problem TV's antenna , you could try installing that exactly as per the old analogue TV'S , when digital was first introduced , and so  operate the TV as a monitor and so by-pass the possibly faulty TV onboard tuning components .

Given a quality set-top box and using HDMI digital signal connection - the display quality might be personally judged acceptable enough for a happy return to service and at no or relatively little cost ( possible purchase of a HDMI cable ) 

You just need to change the input setting on the TV to the appropriate output mode of the set-top box, then you can configure display mode and search and save channels via the set-top box menu.

Ensure first that the set-top box supports HDMI

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

I just had same problem , I pulled the connection apart cleaned it joined it together tightly then found a second aerial input on the side (the other one was underneath , I) I then auto checked the channel finder and presto , I have my channels back
Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

jimmwa-64
Community Member
I had the same problem. I did factory reset and now my TV is good
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Had same problem with my TV, tried everything (installation, menu button rescan etc etc etc) then bought the original sharp remote 010250 and it has a separate "dtv menu" button then all digital channels were picked up!!!, just thought I would share this.
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@g-tiger-pool wrote:
Had same problem with my TV, tried everything (installation, menu button rescan etc etc etc) then bought the original sharp remote 010250 and it has a separate "dtv menu" button then all digital channels were picked up!!!, just thought I would share this.

Thanks for the info as I have been using a set-top box ( using little advertised HDMI connection option) but wondering why the TV does not seem to support onboard DTV - i suppose when transmission was ATV only , that option was hidden - no sense in confusing the owner.

I shall apply your solution for my TV , hopefully will work 

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply