I could not pay by Paypal after winning Ebay auction

WILL I RECEIVE BAD FEEDBACK AS A BUYER?  Today I won an auction for a computer on Ebay and tried to pay immediately with credit card via Paypal. After being transfered to Paypal for payment to the seller, Paypal declined my efforts to pay the Melbourne based company. I enjoy talking instead of writing about problems, so I called Paypal to ask why.. Paypal told me this company was a high risk and nothing was wrong with my account. I asked Paypal to contact Ebay to let them know why I would not be paying the winning bid and In turn Ebay would be contacting the seller. I have nothing but praise to both Paypal, Ebay for the way my problem was sorted out and indeed the way I was treated was fantastic. They are there to help us all and made me feel good about reporting my problem immediately. As a new user, should I be worried I will get bad feedback from the seller? Many thanks and Merry Christmas to you all ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: I could not pay by Paypal after winning Ebay auction

cq_tech
Community Member

Firstly, regardless of the circumstances, buyers cannot be given bad feedback (i.e. negatives). That only applies to sellers. In addition, you won't receive a non-payment strike because you attempted to pay but it was Paypal who elected not to proceed with the transaction. Therefore you needn't concern yourself as your good reputation will consequently remain intact.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply