Incorrectly adding GST to secondhand auto parts purchased from the UK

bgt70l
Community Member

Recently, I wished to purchase a small, used  auto part from the UK.            At E-Bay's checkout, I noticed that a GST amount had been added to the total sale price.         I refused to proceed with the purchase because of this illegally levied tax.                       When in Australia, did anyone ever had to pay GST on used auto parts?

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Incorrectly adding GST to secondhand auto parts purchased from the UK

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Disgusting for anyone let alone someone who claims to be 82

"How to win friends and influence people  101"  GP ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 41 of 44
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

You should also apologize to the board in general, and hang your head in shame at the TAG you applied.

Disgusting for anyone let alone someone who claims to be 82

I totally missed that there TAG - says heaps.

Message 42 of 44
Latest reply

I'm not the one in a parallel universe, which depending on when it was created could well have the same parameters.

Bleet is something lambs or goats do when they don't like something they can't understand or change. No (sic)s needed. It is not a misspelling, the use (sic) is for.

Message 43 of 44
Latest reply

@bgt70l wrote:

That is absolute rubbish.            I have never, in my whole life (age 82) ever, paid GST from any sellers large, small,  GST registered or not, for used auto parts.                 Your comment is as ridiculous as it is misleading - Ebay Australia does not levy GST on the sale or purchase of used auto parts.

For anyone still searching for the TAG,  it was applied to the above post by the OP, on day one of this thread.

The Tag has now been removed.

Message 44 of 44
Latest reply