How to Enter Postage and get money back from Ebay Plus

Hello Everyone,

I recently joined Ebay Plus but I thought I'd get money back on postage for the items I was selling.  It said to offer 'free postage' which I did.  I then went to the post office and paid for the items to be posted myself and thought I'd get reimbursed from Ebay Plus but this was not the case. 

I'm really confused about the postage and how to list the items to get the reimbursement  I couldn't offer a return on the items as being photographs they could copy them then return them. I  also couldn't use my ebay postage bags as they were too big.  Can someone help my on advising how to list the postage as its not very clear from Ebay's instructions.  

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to Enter Postage and get money back from Ebay Plus

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As far as I know ebay pays the buyer's postage.

I have never heard of them paying the seller's postage.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You are offering Free Postage, which simply means that as a seller you pay the postage, ebay do not reimburse you, however they will mark your item for ebay plus buyers if it meets all requirements.

Being an ebay plus member only means you get free post as a buyer, but you would get it anyway as ebay plus only applies to listgings where the seller offers free postage.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thank youall  for the replies.  That is disappointing - its actually the only reason I joined ebay Plus as I thought I wouldn't need to pay for postage for the items I was selling.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply