Damaged item NEED ADVISE PLEASE

Hi, Please I need some advise on how to handle a buyer who received her item from Australian post, My item was well packed in very thick bubble wrap, used more than i should to be safe, The buyer got her item today and has sent me 2 pics of it being smashed from Australia Post, she has said its my problem, which to I think i have done the right thing, I don't have insurance and I am not a business, just selling my items of from a previous business i was in (ex Stock), I gave her 2 links for claiming to Australian post, but she is refusing to do so, She said i need to refund her, I am at a lost and I am not sure how to handle this, any help much appreciated please and thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You could ask the buyer to take the item to a PO for them to determine if the damage was due to inadequate packaging. Given what you have said it is unlikely they will do so.

Note: parcels need to be packed in order to withstand a 22kg parcel being dropped on them from waist height. Was this the case?

Easy way - do as padi said, the result will be unlikely to be different.

Further note: if you don't respond to a case within eBay timeframes you WILL get strikes against your account.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

If the buyer opens an eBay dispute you will more than likely lose the case, so it's probably best to refund them the price plus postage.