Damaged item NEED ADVISE PLEASE

Hi, Please I need some advise on how to handle a buyer who received her item from Australian post, My item was well packed in very thick bubble wrap, used more than i should to be safe, The buyer got her item today and has sent me 2 pics of it being smashed from Australia Post, she has said its my problem, which to I think i have done the right thing, I don't have insurance and I am not a business, just selling my items of from a previous business i was in (ex Stock), I gave her 2 links for claiming to Australian post, but she is refusing to do so, She said i need to refund her, I am at a lost and I am not sure how to handle this, any help much appreciated please and thank you.

View Entire Topic

You could ask the buyer to take the item to a PO for them to determine if the damage was due to inadequate packaging. Given what you have said it is unlikely they will do so.

Note: parcels need to be packed in order to withstand a 22kg parcel being dropped on them from waist height. Was this the case?

Easy way - do as padi said, the result will be unlikely to be different.

Further note: if you don't respond to a case within eBay timeframes you WILL get strikes against your account.