eBay Marketplaces GmbH has taken $49.00 out of my account via PayPal.

I have no idea who they are and never made any kind of annual subscription with any eBay account holders.

It looks like this account has been scamming a lot of people over the years and eBay is not doing anything about it.

I want this resolved asap. Give me a refund and block that account asap. Otherwise I would need you to suspend my membership asap.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

The amount sounds like the annual subscription fee for eBay Plus.

My guess is that you signed up for the free trial of eBay Plus, and either didn’t read the T&Cs or forgot about it.

You’re posting on public boards here, not contacting eBay, by the way. These are the eBay Community Boards.

Read the eBay Plus help page for details. You’ll note that you can contact eBay as per the link on that page to be refunded the subscription amount if you cancel and ask for refund within 14 days of the payment. (Posting on a public board doesn’t count as contacting eBay, just to make that clear.)

It sounds like auto renewal of ebay plus annual subscription, as per T&C's  as disclosed at sign up or commencement of the free trial.

From memory, you have 7 days (possibly 14), from the date the payment was deducted, to cancel your

ebay plus subscription, and then you need to contact ebay CS and request a refund.

All relevant info, is available in the ebay plus T&C's 

Sounds like ebay plus membership fees.

Other members cannot do as you order instruct

If you did not sign up to something like Smartycashback (to get the $15 voucher, where you agreed to fees)

and if you have not signed up to eBay Plus etc etc 

(not saying you did'nt but actually really did'nt)

You need to contact your bank now so they can freeze your account and investigate the charges, where they came from and who authorised it)

You need to contact eBay (not by posting on the member to member forum which they do not read) and report your account has been compromised) 

VERY good idea to close your eBay account... which you need to do yourself

eBay Marketplaces GmbH is not a scam account, but something people are clueless as to what it actually is

Whats the payment for? Is it a scam can it be stopped.

These are fees owing to ebay, either sales fees if you are a seller, or for ebay plus, only the first month is free with ebay plus, did you read the fine print?