A person says his cousin bid on his account and does not want to buy the item.

brono61
Community Member

I had 12 bids on an item and the last bidder did not respond when i sent him the invoice to pay. after more inquiries he claims he is away for a month or so and that his cousin used his account to bid. No news from cousin or any other explanation. The account holder now is asking me to cancel the transaction. Ebay has it that I sold the item. I am not able to leave a negative feedback as ebay is asking me to open a dispute resolution. Second chance offer and third chance offer would not buy. I relisted the item again.

View Entire Topic

You can and should file an unpaid item dispute and then close it 4 days later so the buyer gets a well deserved unpaid item strike. Add the non payer to your blocked bidders list and set your buyer requirements to block bidders with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in the past 12 months.

In case you are not aware of it, you should never take paypal payment for vehicles. It should be done in cash and in person.

"The account holder now is asking me to cancel the transaction. "

Don't do it. File the unpaid item dispute.

". Second chance offer and third chance offer would not buy. I relisted the item again."

You should never make a second chance offer until after you have completed the transaction with the orginal winner by issuing the unpaid item strike. Once you get your final value fee credit, then you can relist or make a second chance offer. If this had been an item that you'd put in the post and you made a second chance offer before completing the transaction with the original buyer, you could end up with 2 paying customers and only one item. Always complete a transaction, either by unpaid item strike or cancellation, before moving on.