$1 postage stamps ...Am I reading this right ?

Just read this on oz posts site

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/Reform-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Slow post (2 days slower than it is now) will go from 70c to $1 and faster post (what it is now) will be even more expensive.

It just gets worse and worse ........

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Still has to be approved by the ACCC, and won't come in for a few months, regardless.

Stock up on prepaids

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

How many threads do you wanna start on this?

The discussion has been had IMO

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

As many as it takes so everyone can see them and badmouth Australia Post (unfortunately you can't leave negative feedback to Australia Post when they throw away your item, leave it "signed" out the front in public view for hours on end, or play football with parcels - you can't give them a 1 for postage in their DSRs either).

The alternative would be the Whirlpool forums, and I'm sure it's already started without me even going there.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

How many threads do you wanna start on this?

The discussion has been had IMO

Fisrt 2 times the threads never showed up ....waited and waited and waited but nothing. The 3 rd one showed up right away. These 2 others still had not list after an hour but were showing this morning. Good old ebay !

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I can see their reasoning as their mail volume is shrinking.

They are getting a lot of parcels but I assume there are more parcels arriving into the country than there are being posted out, so they are losing there too.

Large volume= lower costs (well, usually). Smaller volume= higher costs or adjustments.

So we have to accept the mail service is going to change to less regular deliveries & prices will go up.

What it means is ebay will need to get its act together. It should not 'deem' delivery dates based on the dearer postage prices when standard prices are being charged etc

It is ebay changes that will need to be made.

Yes, it may make it harder to sell cheap items on ebay as postage costs might cancel out any benefits, but I assume all the ebay/paypal fees etc are already starting to do that.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply