10% Discount offered on all my listings?

10% discount has been offered on  all my listings without my knoweledge and without me emabling markdown manager  for this.

I contacted CS and they said not to worry about it, they would pay for the discount themselves and I would recieve the full amount I had listed items for.

Now, this is deeply disturbing as I wonder why they can't fix the problem and are paying for the discount themselves, is this professional? and has anybody else got this problem?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi , this is most likely because you have a 10% discount coupon , a lot of members got them , it will show the discount on any eligible listing you look at , i had one last week and stocked up on satchels , Look in your eBay summary and it should be there , it expires in a day or two.

don't stress it , eBay pays the discount , not you. The seller still gets the ampount it is listed for.

Vouchers* 
Redeem Voucher10% off your purchase of AU ${min} or more up to AU $50.00 off. See conditions
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Keyrings has basically covered it. It is a promotion that ebay is running to encourage buyers to spend up. Its a bit like a shop offering specials. Ebay still charge commision on postage as well as the item, and paypal take their cut from your sale, so ebay still make money, even after covering the 10 % discount. Its probably one of the positive things that ebay do to assist sellers to sell more stuff. ( heaven knows the positives are hard enough to find, we probably should be thankfull when something good does happen on ebay )   

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Waterlilly, you will receive the correct amount for each sale (without the discount) it just means that 10% of it will come from eBay and not the buyer.

Your bottom line will not affected.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply