100 freebies have suddenly stopped.

Check before you list - irt seems the 100 freebies have suddenly stopped. This is despite getting  this message in an email this morning!

XXXXX Only pay When you Sell!
You asked, we listened. You can list 100 items FREE every day*
List for Free Now →

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Got the same message and accepted the offer. Tried doing a new listing and a relist but both wanted to charge me $1.65 so did not proceed

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Why on earth can't they warn us?

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

I also got a message this morning telling me that eBay had listened to me (I hadn't said anything) and I now was entitled to 100 free listings per day. I promptly set about preparing to list four items, only to find that each would cost me $1.65. Once I saw that I saved each listing as a draft which I won't list until October unless eBay changes its mind again.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Yes I was very disappointed last night late when I saw that there was no more 100 free listing

but same here with the email offer...so I went to contact us and see the wait atm is 39minutes to chat to someone online, or 7 mins for either call back or call them...hmm

So I suspect everyone is complaining!

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

During my 5+ years of listing I have found that eBay uses the carrot and stick approach with its customers. Whenever it increases its commission (it went up to 10.9% in July) or widens its commission application (as it did when it began to charge a commission on postage(!!!) it also gives sellers a carrot (removing the fee for Buy It Now, giving the option of 3 free listings or increasing the number of free listings). In this case it compensated for the commission increase by offering 100 free listings. Apparently someone at eBay has changed his mind an hour or so after notifying us of this gift and removed the offer. Pity they couldn't be polite enough to tell us that the 100 free listings were only available for a few minutes.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

I got the email for 100 free listings a day and of course it doesn't work. I got the email but it doesn't appear in the promotional section of my eBay.
Has anyone got through to eBay and asked what the problem is?
Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

It disappeared several hours before the new email arrived so it probably doesn't start again until tomorrow, as happens with quite a few promotions. Let's hope that's the case. I'll be happy to sit tight until the morning and see what happens before I start making a fuss. Not that I'll make a fuss anyway because it'd be a waste of my time and energy.

The terms do say (and did for the last lot too) that it can be withdrawn at any time. It might say 'this month' on our freebie counter but it doesn't say 'all this month' - for those who like to be pedantic. 🙂
Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

I rang ebay and they said it was 100 free listings to be used within 24hours of listing one today and will disappear without warning. I spoke to them about the wording and they said the promotions department made a mistake. I asked if they would be issuing an appology or clarification and they said no it will just disappear.
Message 10 of 31
Latest reply