1000 free listings - worth a try

I got the invitation only message but someone else may have success with it.

Non-stores only, auction or fixed price, 1000 free listings, already started, ends 6 Nov.

I hope this doesn't mean that the rest of us won't be getting any more for a while.  Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: 1000 free listings - worth a try

by invitation only, but thank you for the post.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It doesn't say non-stores only

But invite only

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

It doesn't say non-stores only

But invite only

What exclusions apply? 

• The promotion only applies to Insertion Fees. The promotion does not apply to Final Value Fees, fees for optional features or services (including Feature Fees), international selling fees or any other fees set out at eBay.com.au, as varied from time to time.
  • The promotion only applies to listings in one category. If you add an additional category to your listing, Insertion Fees (and any applicable Feature Fees) will apply for the additional category.
  • Listings that automatically relist during the Promotion Period are not eligible for this promotion.
  • This promotion does not apply to listings in “Excluded Categories”: Businesses for Sale (11759), Aircrafts (63676), Boats (26429), Caravans/Motorhomes (32633), Cars (29690), Motorcycles (32073), Trucks/Commercial Vehicles (6049), Real Estate (10542), Services (316), Flights (3253), Tickets (1305), Travel (3252) and Vouchers/Gift Certificates (172008).
  • Listings that contravene eBay's policies or fail to comply with these terms and conditions are excluded.
  • You may be excluded from this promotion if your eBay account is subject to listing restrictions, suspended, restricted or made inactive or if your seller performance falls to Below Standard prior to or during the Promotion Period.
  • This promotion is not available to store subscribers.

Yes, I knew it was invite only, but some people are able to use the links without one.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

No luck unfortunately. It looks like I'm doomed with my dead email address if eBay insists that any and all promotions are now invite-only via personal emails. I'm not going to create a new email address just for the sake of getting around eBay's stupid restrictions on identical usernames, if they refuse to let me use three different emails all because they contain the same eleven characters as my eBay username followed by an at sign and an email host, they can get stuffed. For the record, my old email had the same name too, but eBay didn't have that stupid restriction in place back in 2003.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks so much for posting, but no go for me either.

I'm getting soo sick of Ebay just giving these out to a chosen few! Why do they NEVER get in my inbox? Not happy, Ebay! 😞

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

This promotion is not available to store subscribers.

Yes, I knew it was invite only, but some people are able to use the links without one.

Sorry, my bad,  what I meant by ' but invite only' was it didn't work for me

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

That's cool!

When I saw your comment initially, I looked at the terms and for the life of me couldn't see any sign of the bit about not for stores! Then I went through the terms again and they were there - but I KNOW I looked properly before that so I'm wondering whether the page kept changing.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Yeah, I edited because I couldn't see where it said non-stores only

Then when it posted, I saw it.    Could be coming and going.  

It's ebay....who knows?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

No good for me on 2 accounts. I didn't try on the other as it still has the 2 month unlimited promotion running. Speaking of which, those who were lucky enough to receive that promotion, it ends this Sunday, the 6th.

It seems the last few months the promotions have been strictly invitation only. I wonder when eBay decided that was the way to go. I would have thought they want people listing hundreds of new listings to increase their profit.

Thanks for posting it. Hopefully it works for someone.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply